28X2 with 128X64 Display

rholding

Hi All
I am new here and new to the Picaxe. I have several years writing PLC logic but none with this type of code. I currently have a project which I am using a small PLC and micro HMI which I want to convert to a Picaxe to decrease cost and footprint. I have a 28X2 and a 128X64 screen with a VT100 serial controller and I'm needing help with the display code. I'm not sure how to write the code for the display, any help would be very much appreciated

Thanks

Last edited:

MPep

Hi there,

Welcome to the forum.
Please post links to the datasheet for the display to help forumites help you. :)

MPep

srnet

Do you have the display working when connected to a PC, following the instructions in the manual ?

rholding

No I haven't connected it to a PC yet but I will. I have to get an RS232 to TTL converter first

Last edited:

matherp

If you have an axe027 programming cable use this connected to the PC and then use the standard picaxe serin resistors to interface to the display. You can even use the programming editor terminal to send the characters

rholding

I couldn't get the screen to work. It is actually to small and I want to use a touch screen so I'm going to find a larger one and try again. I will be back for help.
Thanks all.
Ron