28x2 Setfreq Command Confusion?

rmtucker

I have a 28x2 with a 4mHz external resonator on the board.
I currently run programs just using the internal 8mhz.
Should i use the external resonator as i beleive this would be multiplied x 4? and run at 16mHz.?
Would i use setfreq em16?

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
It's up to you whether you should use the external resonator :)

If you want to then you've got it right; on the 28X2 the PICAXE execution speed is four times the resonator rating, so with a 4MHz resonator you would specify SETFREQ EM16. This will give you 16MHz execution speed.

eclectic

I have a 28x2 with a 4mHz external resonator on the board.
I currently run programs just using the internal 8mhz.
Should i use the external resonator as i beleive this would be multiplied x 4? and run at 16mHz.?
Would i use setfreq em16?
What type of board do you own?

e

rmtucker

If i required Help with the board i would have course Ask for it from the people that sold me it.
As you have rightly said that this is a GENERAL picaxe forum,Where i hope i can ask questions about the picaxe basic language?
I am not sure why you need to know which board i am using,considering my original question.
Or why you think i require support for it?

eclectic

If i required Help with the board i would have course Ask for it from the people that sold me it.
As you have rightly said that this is a GENERAL picaxe forum,Where i hope i can ask questions about the picaxe basic language?
I am not sure why you need to know which board i am using,considering my original question.
Or why you think i require support for it?
Because, if you replaced the resonator with a three-pin socket,
you could use the
4, 8, 10 and 16 MHz oscillators,
enabling the whole range of possible speeds.

Which was the original purpose of my first post in this thread. :)

Furthermore, it is totlally normal to enquire about
the hardware used.

No way did I think you required support. :))

e

Last edited: