28x2 hi2cout locking up

dj_trippn

Hi all,

I have a project with a 28x2 talking to another 28x2 using the hi2cout instruction. I have a problem where the master picaxe is locking up occassionally when implementing the hi2cout instruction. This seems to be happening intermittently, but I definitely know its always locking up at the hi2cout instruction as I've placed serxt in my code to debug.

I believe this problem has something to do with the fact I am use the timer as well. Has anyone had any problems relating to the hi2cout instruction occassionally locking up the picaxe?

Thanks,

Glenn

dj_trippn

Sorry I realise I have basically already asked this same question a while back. The response I got was it is a limitation of the picaxe as a single core processor. Is this still valid?

Is it possible to delete a post?

LarryGrad

Hi Glenn.

I have been working with a pair of 20x2's configured master/slave I2C and needed both int and timer. This may not work for your project, but I ended up running timer on the slave, and having the slave signal an int to the master every second. Then I use that int received on the master as my timer.