#no_data
#no_table
#terminal 76800
setfreq m64
do
    pause 100
    sertxd ("U")
loop
..produces no output in the Terminal window, but perfect output into Bray's Terminal. Works fine in both with:
Code:
#picaxe 20x2
#no_data
#no_table
#terminal 38400
setfreq m32
do
    pause 100
    sertxd ("U")
loop
Ideas please?

Last edited:

Andrew Cowan

I've found that sertxd doesn't work at m64 - i've just learnt to go down to m32 for sertxd-ing.

I hadn't tried any other terminal, so assumed it was a hardware problem. I'll try with a different terminal next time I'm using a 20X2.

A

MartinM57

Bray's Terminal and my scope have no trouble decoding sertxd at 76800 - looks like a problem in the Terminal window...

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
This appears to be an issue with the Terminal rather than the PICAXE. We'll look into that.

Note that 76800 isn't a standard PC-supported baud rate so operation dependends on OS, type of interface and device drivers. The AXE027 has worked successfully at 76800 baud on all Windows OS's I've tried.

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
A minor patch is now available to correct this 5.2.10 issue on the software download pages.

MPep

@Technical,

I believe that this should also be mentioned in the New Product Releases forum.

MPep.

westaust55

@Technical,

One presumes that an update to PICAXE Manual 2 covering the X2 parts to a better extent, and including from the above query the #Terminal and the SERTXD commands might also be forthcoming.

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
@RogerTango : Just to note you're responding to a year old thread. Later Programming Editors handled 76800 baud, SERTXD and SEROUT.