20x2 questions

fritz42_male

Since those lazy buggers at techsupplies aren't answering emails :cool:

Am I correct in saying I can use the Axe118 with a 20X2?

Also are the program slots just 'slots' - in other words when I run a program in slot 1 does it pause or cancel execution of a program in another slot?

Thanks

Mike

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
We always answer all emails we receive! Try picaxe at rev-ed.co.uk

All same pin size chips are always compatible - so any 20 pin chip can be used in any 20 pin board (likewise for 28 pin chip sin 28 pin boards etc.)

The 20X2 only has one slot. Operation of slots is explained in the X2 product briefing (only one is operating at a time)

www.rev-ed.co.uk/docs/picaxex2.pdf

BeanieBots

Also, don't forget that those poor over-worked soles at techsupplies also have their day job to do. They don't sit by their computers all day waiting for an e-mail just incase somebody who can't be bothered to read the manual sends in a question.;)

The forum is an ideal place for that sort of question. There are many that surf it frequently and can very quickly answer simple questions 24/7.

fritz42_male

lol. It was just a gentle dig and not meant seriously.

Thanks for the answers guys. I suppose it was too much to expect that I'd be able to use the slot feature for multi-tasking.Oh well, back to multiple picaxe chips.

Last edited:

Andrew Cowan

Alot of people seem to have misunderstood this - the multiple slots can not be used for multitasking. Only one slot can be run at a time - it is just equivilant to additional program space.

A

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
That is correct.
20X2 has 1 internal slot (slot 0). Other 28X2/40X2 have 4 slots (0-3).

All X2 (20,28,40) parts can have external slots (slot 4 and up) via i2c EEPROM.