14M2 delay

Jamcof

Hey!
I think one of my 14m2 chips is having some delay/lags. (The left one maybe in the video.)

This video explains almost everything: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgjyjkYx8Uo

I have two 14M2s connected in parallel and the both chips have the same program downloaded and same circuits. Using two 7 segments.

What should I do, to get them changing numbers every second at the same time.
Hopefully you understand me. :D

Thanks.

Jeremy Harris

Looks like they are just behaving normally and working asynchronously. I'm assuming here that they are free running, using an internal timer. There will be some variation between devices because the internal resonator that generates the clock is neither particularly accurate nor particularly stable and so the base clock speed of each device will vary with time and temperature, as well as being different from device to device to start with.

If you want them to work synchronously, then drive both from a common clock, or use some form of synchronising connection between the two.

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
This is similar to watching two independent belisha beacons either side of a zebra crossing flashing. When they are not synchronised they will slowly drift out of sync, at some times flashing together, other times opposite to each other.

Watching the video it seems there is less than half a second difference between the two after two minutes, and that represent an average of less than 0.3% difference in clock speeds. That's not bad at all but divergence will become more apparent over longer periods.

Of course, without a third accurate reference, you cannot tell if the left is running slow or the right is running fast, and it could be both :)