Xbee Pro Stop Working

i_spyder

hello i got 2 axe210 boards everything worked perfectly with normal xbee modules.
i used picaxe editor and x-ctu V.5.1.4.1 to edit module parameters i was able to control them whit picaxe, pc and with xbee standard I/O pins.

everything working perfectly but the problems arrived when i needed to use xbee pro modules

i replaced the le330 linear transformer from the axe 210 board whit a 800ma one. and the modules worked OK the problem was when i edited the module parameters and pressed write, it start working normally but gave a error on end and i cannot communicate whit the modules anymore. the light status still flashing normally on the board but cant restore the default settings or do anything to the module.

is not the baud rate since i have tried all of them and was using the default one so.

any ideas for a solution ???

Last edited:

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
x-ctu cannot be used with the AXE210 as that software requires extra serial handshaking signals (rts/cts) not available on AXE210. therefore you will need to put together a separate board for use with x-ctu to change the parameters.

i_spyder

thanks for the answer but is possible to return my 3 modules back to life whit a usb programmer for xbee ? or any other way to do that ?
btw anyone knows how mutch range can i archive overseas whit a xbee pro module whit wire antenna ?

Last edited:

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
X-CTU used to work with just the three wire (RX/TX/0V) interface except for uploading new firmware. Haven't tried latest versions.

i_spyder

well i used it whiteout any problems whit normal xbee modules to change I/O settings channels and other stuff. on pro did the same and the module stop working. never needed to update the firmware since the modules got the last version