Where can I find the IR Remote codes

Data B4

I am planning to buy a remote upgrade kit. I looked at the data sheet for it but it does not have any detailed info. I need to know the following if anyone can help me:

-Remote codes
-Can the remote be configured to other than Sony codes?
-Can the remote be configured to a unique code?

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
The remote upgrade kit we sell basically consists of two things - a 'universal' type tv control and an IR sensor.

Although the tv remote can be programmed for a number of different protocols, only Sony codes work with the infrain/irin commands - and each button on the remote only gives out one signal.
The remote codes for other TV brands are here, but only Sony (212) works with PICAXE
www.rev-ed.co.uk/docs/tvr010.pdf

inglewoodpete

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "a remote upgrade kit". If its the Sony-compatible remote control and an IR receiver, resistors and capacitor, then refer to Manual 2 (Command Manual). Depending on your particular PICAXE chip, the InfraIn, InfraIn2 or IRIn command will allow the PICAXE to receive Sony TV codes (device code = 1) from a Sony TV compatible remote. Details of the codes is contained in the command info in Manual 2.

The 08M and 14M can use to InfraOut command, while the 28X1 and 40X1 have the IrOut command. The InfraOut command (08M, 14M) can output to all 32 Sony device codes (0-31), while IrOut command (28X1, 40X1) is limited to the TV device code 1.

Last edited: