What are the best places to post my oscilloscope design?

womai

Hello all,

with my Picaxe oscilloscope design and the accompanying website now more or less complete, I am thinking of posting the design instructions on more places to give it better exposure, so more people can benefit. What do you think are good places (websites) to do that? Instructables is obviously one contender, but I'm sure there are a few others?

Texy

Let the search bots find your page, rather than you doing 'advertising'. I don't know how its done these days, but need to 'submit' your page to google. I think you'll need to put some keywords into your html, or something?

Texy

Jeremy Leach

Very hard to keep your webpage at or near the top of a google search list in my (limited) experience ;-) Think it depends on a lot of factors including how recent your website has been updated.

womai

But once you are there it can stay for a long time it seems... just google

pocketpc music

and look at the second or third hit (PDAMusician.com), my first real website. Has been there for years even though I stopped development of that software and site in 2004.

From my own Google experience researching microcontroller based oscilloscopes, having your design on respectable sites like instructables makes it pretty visible to search engines.

Wolfgang

Jeremy Leach

Well I can't answer why your site is up there and yet others drop down the list very rapidly over time. Especially when there are 25.6 millions hits on the word 'PocketPC' alone (129K hits on the word 'picaxe' out of interest).

moxhamj

Post it on instructables. You can get 30,000 plus views in a year. And if something is popular, it ends up being syndicated to other sites like Make and Digg. Even better if you can submit it for a competition and win. Then if you get lots of syndicating, that cross referencing moves it up the google list.

Of course, you do need to write it up properly. One picture and some text per page, and maybe 10 pages of instructions.

Last edited: