What about Picaxe 14M and 20M?

johndxmurphy

I find it interesting that some (or many) websites that talk about Picaxe don't even mention these two chips. The Green Picaxe book (can't remember the real title) doesn't mention them. I know they are limited but it seems that the price is right. Are they maybe planning on phasing them out?

I just noticed that the link providing basic Picaxe info posted by RogerTango below this post pretends they don't exist.

Last edited:

westaust55

John,

it’s in the timing as far as I can see . . . .

The Article Roger gave a link to was written/saved on 09-Apr-2006 at 21:14 hours.

The Rev Ed Flyer http://www.rev-ed.co.uk/docs/flier_28x1.pdf dated May 2007 suggests the 14M was new at that time.

About a year after the article was written.

Its like some of the independant PICAXE and other books. They quickly become out dated with components no longer available or surpassed by newer items.

That is the advantage of the Rev Ed manuals - they are updatred from time to time.

Last edited:

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
Rather than phasing out it is phasing in, the 14M and 20M are new generation chips, designed to replace the older 18 and 18A - more features at a cheaper price.

At westaust55 points out, new chips are released all the time so books do, unfortunately, become out of date!