VSM On-Gosub-Return Behaviour....

blythnr

Hi all.

A recently encountered problem, during my first real venture into the Picaxe VSM (licenced just yesterday!).

Coding for a very simple circuit using a Picaxe 20M, I note that the behaviour of the on-gosub-return routine is erroneous - the return sends the execution back to the on-gosub line, rather than the following line, resulting in an infinite loop situation.

Behaviour is similar for a Picaxe 28 in VSM. The simulation output in the Picaxe programming editor is correct.

See the simple demonstration design and code attached. I'd be really grateful if someone could have a look at this and advise whether my code is in error, or whether the issue lies with the VSM module/s. Currently using version 1.0.3.

Cheers,

Nev. Blyth
Canberra, Australia.

Attachments

tiscando

The subject is just the same as one of my threads 'so many axevsm errors that don't error on the programming editor', although it doesn't matter anyway.

Last edited:

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
Yes, this a bug with on...gosub simulation. We will fix for the next release, thanks for highlighting it.

blythnr

Very many thanks!

A great piece of software that really opens up the platform to prototyping & experimentation. I'm loving it!

N.