VMusic2 MP3 Player - Cant get it fired up!!

Basrad

Hi - Sorry I dont have time to read all the previous, as I'm sure the answer to my problems are there somewhere..

I've just bought a VMusic2 MP3 Player from the picaxe shop.. (thinking it would be simple)

I've copy and pasted the sample basic code provided in the shop onto a 18M2..

I've named one mp3 file as 1 (does it need to be named 1.mp3 or will just 1 work as it is an mp3 file?

I've connected up the power,

This program will control a VMusic2 player from output pin B.6 in reponse to a 'start button' (input pin C.0) and a 'stop button' (input pin C.1).

Where to I connect the TXD and RXD of the mp3 module? I think the sample code is only using PIC output B.6 so i need to leave on tied somewhere?

Does the module need to be in SPI mode or SUART?

It wont do anything at the moment! :(

Basrad

Humm

Spent a couple of hour looking around.. I like the way the shop shows example code, even the pin out, but not how to connect it to PICAXE.

Code: attached.

The attached Diagram shows the connections.. RXD and TXD go to the chip.

one goes to b.6 .. where does the other go?

Attachments

MurrayJ

Yes the file needs to be named 1.mp3 and then it should the work. The other connection doesnt need to be used to test the Vmusic module, it will work perfectly fine without it.

Basrad

Thanks for your post.

I have tried many things, but nothing has worked. So the RXD to B.6. TXD can be left floating?

B.6 on the 18M2 is a PWM out.. Will this function correctly with serout b.6,t9600 command set?

I have a scope, When I C.0 or C.1 high I see no activity on the B.6 leg.

Also the VMUSIC data sheet suggests the module needs a high pluse on a diffrent line to accept the command from the pic?

Has this module been used with the example code from Picaxe shop before?

I can get B.6 to go high or low on triggering C.0 or C.1 high (by messing around with the program..)

It really seems like I cant get the 18M2 to serout b.6... I have tried other pins including the programming pin C.3 (serout pin)

Any other ideas to fire it off a 18M2 (have a few of these, and 08 & 08M's)

Last edited:

nick12ab

How about
Code:
#picaxe 18m2
init:    setfreq m16
    high b.6                ; initialise for t9600 protocol    
    pause 500                ; allow 500ms to wake-up

main:    
    if pinc.0 = 1 then do_play        ; play switch pushed
    if pinc.1 = 1 then do_stop        ; stop switch pushed
    goto main

do_play:
    pause 20                ; short debounce time
    if pinc.0 = 1 then do_play        ; wait until switch released
    serout b.6,t9600_16,("vpf 1.mp3",CR)    ; send play 1.mp3
    goto main

do_stop:
    pause 20                ; short debounce time
    if pinc.1 = 1 then do_stop        ; wait until switch released
    serout b.6,t9600_16,("vst",CR)        ; send stop command
    goto main

Basrad

Never mind... someone else dealt with it in another thread. Simultaneous threads are confusing.
Sorry about that, but this one didnt seem to be doing the trick!! Thanks for all the help to everyone involved.. I now have 7 buttons triggering diffrent mp3's for my Christmas sound board :)