Using uALFAT-TF modules

centrex

Is bjckiwi or anyone else using the uALFAT modules for data logging.
If so I would be most interested to see a schematic and the code for logging at least two analogue inputs.
I have looked at the code in the snippets section and it appears to be proving that they will work with a Picaxe.
Heres hoping someone has taken it a little further.
Regards
centrex

Last edited:

BCJKiwi

This thread gives working example of datalogging to uAlfat-TF http://www.picaxeforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=8513

Anything you can store to variables or memory with Picaxe you can send to uAlfat.

The sample code in the above thread has been revised a bit along the way so if you have specific questions about your code I may be able to assist further but please study the example first.

Last edited:

centrex

Thanks Hippy my brain fade.
To BJCKIWI, was there any reason for using the TF card in lieu of the SD card other than cost and perhaps size, or even using the usb version as these are readily available almost anywhere.

I have been studying the code but it takes a little while to get my ancient brain around some of it.
Thanks

BCJKiwi

The functionality of uALFAT with PICAXE is the same whichever storage type is chosen.

TF was used because, as you guessed, it is the lowest cost from GHIelectronics, and the smallest.

centrex

Hi bjckiwi

A couple of questions...
1/ Do I take it as read in lines 39 and 40 that SPI_SCK is tied to ground by a 10K resistor and that SPI_SSEL is tied permanently high via a 10K to 3.3V.

2/ Lines 58 and 69 (if input1 then etc) the remark notes selection switch for sd card, where is this switch as I cannot find one on the TF schematic.

Also on the same note the command INPUT does not appear to be a valid 20X1
command when looking up the latest manual although it compiles ok.

centrex

BCJKiwi

Please confirm which post # you are referring to.
Code uses i2c, not SPI.

Assuming you are referring to post #2, the references to SPI are the labels used by uALFAT for their pins, in which case the 10k are either pullup or pulldown to place the relevant pins high or low to set the configuration of the interfaces on the uALFAT.
uALFAT can use serial, SPI, or i2c and various pins are tied high or low to configure the interfaces.

The example is for the uALFAT-TF board and may be different on another board.

centrex

The code is from snippets in this forum, the line numbers are from a printout generated by the Picaxe Programming Editor.
centrex