Try to program pic with logicator get IC tester error

Dom B

Apologies if this has been covered before.

I have a flowchart in logicator and i pressed 'program pic' with the serial lead plugged in and the battery connected. I am using the axe 002 picaxe 18X started board as the programmer as it has the socket and power etc. When i press program the box comes up to program it and at the same time a program called ic-tester tries to install behind it. If i move the first window out of the way it is asking for a location for the ictester program. Well i neither know what the ictester is nor have the disc. I tried putting the disc that came with the starter board into the drive but the program did not find the file it was looking for on it.

Do i need this ictester, as it seems to fail without it and if so is there another way to install it?

Any help would be gladly received.

Many thanks
Dom B

Dom B

Well i have gone back through section 1 of the 3 part manual and i really can't find anything about programming the chips. Just how to make the programs and interface them but unless i missed something it is just assumed you can program the chips.

I also assumed that all i would have to do is connect it all up and press program, but apparently not. I have even googled ic-tester at depth and not found any picaxe reference to it so i am not sure where it comes from. All i know is that if i cancel it's attempted installation then it doesn't program the chip, but when it asks for the disc i have no idea where to find it. I can only assume logicator forgot to install it along with itself to enable the chips to be programmed. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no luck. Sadly the forum seems a little quiet.

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
I'm not familiar with what "ic-tester" is or may be, or why pop-ups for its installation are appearing, but I will try and find an answer for you.

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
ic-tester is not part of Logicator.

This kind of issue normally arises when a shared file (e.g. a Windows system dll) has been removed by the uninstaller of the other software (ic-tester) when it was removed from the system. Windows then knows that Logicator needs this shared file, but thinks ic-tester has it!

So try re-installing both Microsoft net1.1 framework and Logicator.

Dom B

OK Did a full uninstall and reinstall as asked and still a problem. So i found the ictester program and removed it then uninstalled logicator did a restart and then re installed it.

All now works and i have successfully managed to program my first picaxe.

Many thanks for the helpful pointers.

Cheers Guys:)