Testing SerOut command?

Basrad

Hi all you legends out there :)

If I connect my scope to the pins used for programming I can clearly see high and low pulses when I download my program.

If I issue a SerOut command to b.6 for example - should i be able to see the SerOut high low data at T9600 on my scope?

I'm having trouble generating - or at least seeing the generated Serout data from my 18M2 (trying to drive my VMUSIC2) Which i have been at for nearly 10 hours now

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
If I issue a SerOut command to b.6 for example - should i be able to see the SerOut high low data at T9600 on my scope?
You should be able to see the output. Perhaps try a simple loop and see if you can see that working ...

Do
Toggle B.6
Loop

Basrad

Hi Hippy! You normally sort me right out!

Yea, that works fine ..

But if I do.

serout b.6,t9600,("vst",CR)
loop

I see no activity on pinB.6 ?

Basrad

Oh my DAYS! Thank you so much!!! I am trying to do the example for the VMUSIC2 Module!!

code attached from PICAXE shop website.. (I was told in another thread - 'It should work')

All I want to do is trigger 1 file from a button press... I only have 18M2 and 08M2 chips though.. Is it possible with those?

Attachments

Basrad

Please see Manual 2, page 208

e
Ok... For a novice.. this means little... This is the first time I've even looked at BASIC, and probably the last.....

I have figured (many thanks to the help above) my 18M2 does not support T9600 - OK

I have just tried a code listing various T protocals

e.g T1200_8,("vpf 1.mp3",CR)

T2400_8 ,T4800_8, T9600_8, T2400_16, T4800_16, T9600_16, T19200_16

Now I can see the SerOut pulses with my scope, but still the VMUSIC does not start playing...

Page208 -- Which is showing how to change the internal clock - OK

But it means nothing to me? I'm guessing I need to sync up my SerOut with what the VMUSIC requires, but I have no idea how to calculate, guesstimate or anything else... Hence why i was trying a copy and paste example recomended from the website...

If you could show me, I and my hopeful project users would thank you for Chirsmass!

Basrad

OMG!!! IT WORKS>>> IT FREGGING WORKS!!!!!

BEST Moment of my life :)

Thank for the blue sky think boxing adventure guys....

Changed internal clock to 8Mhz.. and BINGO T9600_8 fully operational!!! Just in time

srnet

The point being made is that for an 18M2 the code you said you were using;

loop

Should produce this error in the program editor (and it will therefore not run)

^
Error: Unknown symbol - t9600

Manual 2 page 208 is on the serout commnad and will then tell you why the t9600 produces the error.

Basrad

Nope.. No error produced.. BASIC view in Logicator allows me to program any of these values without producing any errors?

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
Nope.. No error produced.. BASIC view in Logicator allows me to program any of these values without producing any errors?
When I tried it on the latest Logicator I got an error when I came to download. Check you have the latest Logicator version and have selected the 18M2.

As you now have it working you could temporarily change the T9600_8 to T9600 and see if it now generates an error; if not then save the .PLF flowchart and post it here and we can look to see what is happening.

Basrad

Version 3, build 5.1... No errors.. The only error I've seen is when changing

setfreq m8

it didnt like the m, so i replaced it with M8 and then it worked fine.. I will play around and post the flow asap when i have time.. Need to get this project finnished asap now... But I owe you, as it would be going nowhere without you guys! Merry Season Greeting to you all!