syntax error

OAHardman

Hi all,

I have being trying to help my students with their Toyota challenge program in PIC logicator 3.1 (I am waiting for IT to upgrade to 3.3).

Its a Pic 18A.

The program runs fine in simulation but I keep getting Syntax error "Error: Syntax error" when they try to program it, sometimes it lets them program when they double click to flash the chip but brings up "Runtime error 5: Invalid procedure call or argument".

Are there any easy ways to find out how to debug or show where the error is?

Any ideas for a stressed out teacher who cant find the problem.

Thanks

Oliver

Email hmd@fallibroome.cheshire.sch.uk

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
The best way to proceed will be to press Alt plus F6 keys together which will convert the flowchart to a Basic program ( or use the PIC - > Convert to Basic program menu options ), then post the Basic program which is generated and shown at the bottom of Logicator. The program can then be checked to see what is causing the syntax error.

Alternatively, you can post your Flowchart .plf file.

There should not be any errors in the Basic program generated so please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
Runtime error 5 is normally a permissions issue on a network. It will be greatly improved by updating to 3.2.6 or later. Please finish the 3.3 upgrade and see if the problem still occurs.

A syntax error should not gnerally occur, the most common reason is a student using a reserved word (e.g. switch) as a label in a sub procedure. Converting to BASIC and then trying a syntax check should highlight the error.

OAHardman

Syntax error thanks

Thanks all.

It was one of those stupid mistakes how the procedures can not be called "Backward + right)

It was the +.

Thanks for your help with the debug.

Oliver