Submission Index

Bigbutsilent

First I don't want to seem ungrateful of all the wonderful info on this site but am I missing a small point of an archive index. The search engine sometimes gets me to a submission but generally i have to scroll down on open link. As you can imagine that takes hours. Whilst as i say it is very informative it takes so long to find those pearls of wisdom. Anyone with any ideas. I don't know much about forums - is it possible to have a index i.e. Power supply Bits, LCD bits, Sensor bits, Robot bits (I've seen that one).... just a thought that a grouping might help newbies like me asking silly questions when we could find it our selfs.

eclectic

Bbs.
That's an excellent question.

However, at the risk (?) of starting a mini- Rab. C., I'll ask two more.

1.Who might undertake the huge editing and indexing task?

And 2

How, could anyone classify some of the more sublime / surreal threads,
which seem to cover Politics + Philosophy + Economics + Picaxe + everything else, and still remain interesting?

Personally, I've never seen any other Forum,
which combines as much electronics, erudition and entertainment.
e.

Last edited:

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
It would be possible to scan through all the posts, identify words and phrases, determine what a thread was about and index as such. That can be done despite typing and spelling errors. All technical words could be indexed then sorted to determine a relevancy to a particular topic.

Once that's done, all it perhaps needs is a user option to vote on the accuracy of categorisation, add or delete index keywords and re-index.

Anyone could do this, but as Rev-Ed have the database ...

Alternatively go to Google and add site:http://www.picaxeforum.co.uk to the search.