serin syntax error using timeout feature

Drago

I want to use the timeout feature of 28x2 but I keep getting syntax error on the serin command. I can't see that anything is wrong.
the typed command is as follows
serin 200,start,7,n2400,b12,b13
can anyone help please?

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
I fell for that trap when I first looked at the command; the square brackets do not indicate an optional set of parameters, the square brackets are required in the statement ....

serin [ 200,start ], 7,n2400,b12,b13

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
No, I haven't seen one, nor have any info on ETA. I assumed 28X2 was a typo or johndrago was getting up to speed in advance.

Drago

Serin syntax

Thanks Hippy, it was driving me nuts as to what was wrong. Oh yes I did make a typ, I meant 28X1, Thanks again

westaust55

I fell for that trap when I first looked at the command; the square brackets do not indicate an optional set of parameters, the square brackets are required in the statement ....

serin [ 200,start ], 7,n2400,b12,b13
Just the same as the i2c commands for the optional [new slave] part where the square brackets must be included.:

For example:
Code:
SYMBOL expand_2 = %01000100  ;   010 = Addr 2 - For Compass LED display right half
SYMBOL expand_3 = %01000110  ;   011 = Addr 3 - For Compass LED display left half
;
;
;
HI2CSETUP i2cmaster, expand_2, i2cslow, i2cbyte
          HI2COUT [expand_2], (temp6)  ; pattern for right side of LED indicator
          PAUSE 10
          HI2COUT [expand_3], (temp5)  ; pattern for left  side of LED indicator
          RETURN
So at least the syntax is consistent