sample projects

mango matto

Hey everybody,
I am looking for some samlpe projects to practice with. Is there a good source where I can find something like that.
Thanks,
Mang Matto

manuka

Mango: This is a tad hazy- have you flashed a few LEDS yet ? What skill level have you ?! Which PICAXE (of ~15!) are you using?

Many newbies simply follow thru' the great Rev.Ed manuals, but perhaps also check my assorted ( & well documented!) 08M/18X teasers => www.picaxe.orcon.net.nz These date as far back as 2002/3, & in many cases superior approaches now exist. Stan

westaust55

Sample Projects

There is also a range of projects called the Exemplar Projects.

The details and program code for these is included in the Programming Editor. Don’t have a PC with the PE here, but from memory (and a quick search) . . .

With the Program Editor running and a program window open,
From the toolbar select: Help / Picaxe Catalogue.

A small window will pop up. At the bottom right of that window is a button labelled "Exemplar Projects".

Click that button and you see a list of projects. Select the project of interest and connect which will open the pdf file for that project.

Rickharris

Examples:

Decorative LED based light that changes colour.
Games.
Dice.
Communications via - Light, Infra red.
Small robots, line followers, Light seekers, maze solvers (wall followers),

Infrared control of somehing (curtains, a robot)

Emergency beacons for accidents, car breakdown etc.

Home security.- Alarms or detecting security lights.

Dimming or night operating lights for home or garden.

Bearing in mind that at GCSE (16 years old) can only deal with low voltage systems, although they would be able to use a commercial mains power supply.

or

you really should choose your own project - Can your teacher advise you as He/she will know you a lot better than us.
Projects we have covered in the past few years include:
Light seeking robots
Robot kits as toys
<A href='http://www.xs4all.nl/~sbolt/edz.htm' Target=_Blank>External Web Link</a>
Dizzy an aware robot.
Automatic cat flaps
Security lights with sonar
Speed trap for radio controlled cars
Bike speedo
Robot arm
Rev counter for a moped (erratic operation)
Mood lights
Automatic lights - Dawn/Dusk
garden lights
Walking robots
light chasers for discos
LED jewellery
Strobe light
IR control
Automata
rolling ball mazes
Bike indicators
Fluid level indicators
Industrial plant models including tank empty/fill, conveyors to sort package by size/weighing systems/Monitoring systems for various materials/level monitoring by contact and non contact/flow monitoring, Data logging.
Daylight monitor
Remote control vehicles - IR control and radio using Picaxe to give some intelligent activity.

mango matto

thank you

Thanks for the replies. I am starting with the 08M. I am trying to learn how to do this stuff with information available on the internet so essentially you are my teachers. It is great that there is so much available support for picaxe. The exemplar projects is exactly what I was looking for.
Thank you,
Mango Matto

Rickharris

Thanks for the replies. I am starting with the 08M. I am trying to learn how to do this stuff with information available on the internet so essentially you are my teachers. It is great that there is so much available support for picaxe. The exemplar projects is exactly what I was looking for.
Thank you,
Mango Matto
READ READ and re-READ all 3 manuals. Start with the how it works bits you will need to know to get going then perhaps start with

High
Low
GOTO
For Next
Labels
Wait
pause
If then.

That should be enough to run with + a bread board and some LED's for the forst 2 or 3 weeks.