RFID reader Manchester Decoding

kikopataya

what up you guys, i was wondering if there was someone out there that could help me out with a problem i'm having. i built an RFID reader that reads 125 kHz tags. i know it is definitely getting back the backscatter from the tag and extracting the data from the tag correctly because i see the data signal on my oscilloscope. my problem now is that i have to decode that data from the tag and it is encoded in Manchester. i know how to translate the data by looking at it but i don't know how to do it in software. i am using the picaxe 28x1 for my project and would like to know if someone could help me out with it. i know that basic is kind of easy from what i can tell but i'm not that good at software. so if anyone could help me out i would greatly appreciate it. here are some of the specs from the rfid tag.

Features:
EM4001 ISO based RFID IC
125kHz Carrier
2kbps ASK [Amplitude Shift Keying]
Manchester encoding
32-bit unique ID
64-bit data stream [Header+ID+Data+Parity]

thank you guys for your time.
Victor

kikopataya

Since i am new at the picaxe and using basic, even if someone can tell me maybe how to first read the signal thats coming in. because right now i have the signal going into pin 11 on the picaxe which would be in0 i believe. what's the command to read the data coming in to that pin. if i can first get that going it will probably be easier for me.
Victor

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
Welcome to the PICAXE forum.

The command to read from Input Pin 2 ( Leg 11 ) would be "LET <var>=pin2". The following code will diaply what the pin level is every second using the Terminal function of the Programming Editor ...

Do
Let bit0 = pin2
SerTxd( #bit0," ")
Pause 1000
Loop

kikopataya

thanks for your help hippy, if you want i explained my problem a little better on another thread called digital signal input, i believe you already checked it out and i just put more info on that so if you could help me out i would greatly appreciate it.