PS3 Controller and Picaxe 28X1 Help!

xtech007

Hello All ! :)
I'm trying to figure out how to get a input reading from a PS3 Controller either from the board or the usb cable. and send the signal to a picaxe 28X1 and then to a dc motor. It gets more complicated.... I Have Build a flight/racing sim Structure with limit switches and potentiometers , all inputs and outpust work great. But it operates on PC games Only. It interfaces via software.

I would like to make it work with my PS3 and Later on other Consoles.
Can someone advise me in the direction I should take.

In more details I used the potentiometers to read Roll(Turn) & Pitch(up/Down)
and Output to the 28X1 and slow down the DC-Motors before reaching end travel.The limit switches are used to stop the dc motors at end travel.

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
I'm trying to figure out how to get a input reading from a PS3 Controller either from the board or the usb cable ... I would like to make it work with my PS3 and Later on other Consoles. Can someone advise me in the direction I should take.
So your hardware will be controlled by a PS3 controller, a PS3 and other consoles ?

For USB control you probably need to look at one of the new Microchip PICmicros which supports USB Host. For a hobbyist that's probably a dead-end at the current time.

Taking signals from the controller board should be possible and far easier. First step would be in finding a circuit for the controller you want to use.

xtech007

I will tare apart a Six axsis controller to run mu Hardware.

I wanted to get reading from the PS3 controller and input the signal to the Picaxe 28x1 output to the motor Speed controller.

Also limit switches to stop the motors input to the 28X1 also 2 potentiometers to slow-down the motors interfacing with the the input of the PS3 controller.

Would all this be possible with out affecting the input of the PS3 and the console.

I guess what I had in mind is get the signal input from the PS3 controller send it to the 28X1 and write a program to read the limit switches & potentiometer and out-put to a MD03 controllers to run the DC-motors.

woul this be logical ?

Wrenow

OK, this is not the question you asked, but it might be an answer you want to think about. The c6c controller from http://www.cheapcontrolsystems.com/ lets you plug a wired or wireless PS2 controller into it and guves you 6 Radio Control Hobby servo outputs (4ea analog - the joysticks, 2ea 3 way digital - the fire buttons). Works a treat with off-the shelf ESC's (electronic speed controllers) to control the speed and direction of motors.

Cheers,

Wreno

xtech007

Once again thank you for your Support !!!

Thank you so much for the support and responses you guys have provided.
I have research each one and they have gone beyond my spectations.

The last response with the C6C servo controller was great, but did not serve my purpose.

I want to control the Simulator with the PS3 controller and play the game with the same without affecting the input of the controller to the game.

Exp. on the PS3 Controller I Press
the left arrow to turn left while playing the game
I want the sim to turn left too.
also interface the potentiometers of the simulator for motor speed and limit switches to stop the motors when reach end travel. And return to neutral (center position) when I let go the left arrow key. (Same goes for right,up,down, buttons

gives more realistic feeling when playing racing games and flight combat games

I'm pretty sure there is someone who can write a code with these parameters. I'm really new in the Coding prosses I have tryed to gather much Info. but not enough for the Idea I persuit.