Problem with Picaxe 08M

AKil

i have bought a picaxe08M another day but i can download a programa on theme serie is 5UH ?? any problem with that? i need put a reset or another think? please help

slimplynth

Hello Akil.

To help you, I think people will need more information.

The program will not upload to 08m?

Can you take a photograph of your circuit and post the program?

manuka

AKiL: The 08M has no reset as such, & most users find it a super easy electronic item to use- grown men weep with it's simplicity! Try approaches shown => www.picaxe.orconhosting.net.nz
( EXTRA: Suggest you post in Spanish & we'll Google Translate ) Stan

manuka

Unless it's been damaged by excessive supply voltages, this "no go" 12F683 (5UH) is proably NOT a PICAXE! Did you buy it via Rev.Ed? Stan

AKil

I have bought in a shop of electro. but the other chip work (0J0) and i have bought in the same place

westaust55

Akil,

Most shops that sell the PICAXE range of micorcontroller also sell unprogrammed PIC chips.

The PICAXE 08M is just a standard PIC PIC12F683 that Revolution Education (Rev Ed) has pre-installed some firmware which includes a download program and a BASIC interpreter.

Looking at a PICAXE 08M and an unprogrammed PIC chip they will appear both the same.

If your older chip is working and you can download a program then that rules out the cable, Programming Editor and most other issues.

Either the new chip is faulty or it is a straight PIC that has not been programmed by Rev Ed.

BeanieBots

But did you buy a PICAXE 08M or did you buy a 12F683 PIC?

They will have the same number on the chip but they are NOT the same thing.
A PICAXE 08M is 12F683 with a custom bootloader software already programmed onto it. That is why they are little more expensive than just a blank 12F683.

Dippy

Markings on the chip body has no significance as to whether it is a PICAXE or not.

Other than suggesting having another attempt at downloading then it's back to the shop.

Posting your download circuit or circuit photo may help others if it is an electrical connections error. But if you've tried everything correctly (including the infamous hard reset) and checking your power supply then it isn't a PICAXE or its popped.

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
the program works but do not recognize the microchip 12F683 (5UH).
but i have another chip of picaxe 12F683 (0J0) is old and it works.
It sounds like 0J0 is a PICAXE but 5UH is a blank PICmicro. If this is the case then the 5UH will not work with the PICAXE download interface.

If "5UH" and "0J0" are supplier stock codes then, if you can supply a web site link for each, it can be checked to see what you have purchased.

AKil

u can put a link for see that, to see what i have.

How can i make to download a programa on PIC12F683(5Uh) or i can't?

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
I am sorry AKil but it is not clear what you are suggesting. We appreciate English may not be your native language so it may help if you post in Spanish and we will do our best to understand your problem.

We do not know what a "5UH" is. If it is not a PICAXE you cannot download to it using the Programming Editor interface.

AKil

Explain everything. I buy these chips in the electronics store PIC12F683 (5UH) but when trying to implement the circuit does not discharge me iva then probe with PIC12F683 (0J0) and if that hiba. (Editor Programmming ...) So I wondered if there would be some way whether or not the program could PIC12F683 (5UH) or they do not serve as PICAXE 08M.

The circuit is the 2 resistors and which discharge to the COM jack but I get the error, verify several things current, if a picaxe if connected ..... when trying to download!

BeanieBots

Nobody here knows what you mean by (5UH) or (0J0).

As explained several times earlier, the PICAXE 08M is a pre-programmed PIC12F683.
You CANNOT use a blank PIC12F683 as a PICAXE 08M.
It will not respond to the Programming Editor.

To use the Programming Editor you MUST buy a PICAXE 08M.
Do NOT purchase a PIC12F683 if you want a PICAXE 08M.

Rickharris

Explain everything. I buy these chips in the electronics store PIC12F683 (5UH) but when trying to implement the circuit does not discharge me iva then probe with PIC12F683 (0J0) and if that hiba. (Editor Programmming ...) So I wondered if there would be some way whether or not the program could PIC12F683 (5UH) or they do not serve as PICAXE 08M.

The circuit is the 2 resistors and which discharge to the COM jack but I get the error, verify several things current, if a picaxe if connected ..... when trying to download!
We think that the 5UH is the makers serial number. It does not indicate that it is a Picaxe 08. It is more likely that you have 2 different items - A picaxe 08m that you can programme and a normal PIC that you can not programme with the Picaxe system.

Ask the shop to swap the bad chip or to try and programme it to prove it is a Picaxe.

Google translation

Creemos que la formulación de 5UH es el número de serie. No indica que se trata de un Picaxe 08. Es más probable que usted tiene diferentes artículos 2 - Un picaxe 08m que se puede y un programa normal de PIC que usted no puede con el programa Picaxe sistema.

Pedir a la tienda para cambiar el chip o malo y el programa para tratar de demostrar que se trata de un Picaxe.​

Andrew Cowan

Plain PICs can only be programmed by a more complex sort of programmer, and in more complex languages. Either you or the shop has made a mistake.

A

westaust55

I gonna put the message error and image of test circuit
Looking at the photograph and relative to the circuit borad artwork there is a possibility that the PICAXE chip may be installed the wrong way.

The circuit board artwork should have a notch in the chip outline. Pin1 with the dimple/notch should be to the same end.

Does the other older chip work on this same board? Was the chip installed the same way around?

Last edited: