Picaxe and HS1011 Humidity Sensor

westaust55

I would suggest that you go the way of the diagram shown on page 3 of the Humirel datasheet in your second link. You just need a cmos version of the ubiquitous 555 timer IC as an external component

That will give a circuit similar to the HOPERF HH10D humidity sensor that I have been using.
The frequency output can then be fed into a PICAXE input and using the PULSIN command to determine the frequency.

There are formula and frequency also given on page 3 of the same datasheet. If you do an Advance Search on this forum for HH10D and author westaust55 you will find my past thread which will give you an idea on how to do the maths to minimise maths error and avoid variable overflow.

manuka

Westy is being too modest here, as his incisive Hope humidity article should be out in the June SiChip today!. (My own contribution barely extended beyond the odd bit of colouring in)

I would suggest that you go the way of the diagram shown on page 3 of the Humirel datasheet in your second link. You just need a cmos version of the ubiquitous 555 timer IC as an external component

That will give a circuit similar to the HOPERF HH10D humidity sensor that I have been using.
The frequency output can then be fed into a PICAXE input and using the PULSIN command to determine the frequency.

There are formula and frequency also given on page 3 of the same datasheet. If you do an Advance Search on this forum for HH10D and author westaust55 you will find my past thread which will give you an idea on how to do the maths to minimise maths error and avoid variable overflow.
I'll try that circuit.

Thanks,
Matthew