One Wire Protocol - Data Sheet/info

guyba

Hi
In the referance manual (picaxe manual 2), in the pages related to owin and owout commands it is noted that "...Use of one-wire parts is covered in more detail in the separate ‘One-Wire Tutorial’ datasheet..."
I was looking for this Datasheet but couldnt find it.

I was wondering if this datasheet exists and if not - does anyone have some info regarding this protocol and how to use it

Cheers
Guy

BeanieBots

I think we are still waiting for the "tutorial" but you should be able get significant information from the datasheet of whatever device it is you wish to control. A good example (if somewhat complicated) would be the DS18B20 for which the manual gives a simple example.

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
Datasheet is on its way. Which part/task are you wanting guidance on, we can probably give you some code if you provide more details.

guyba

Thanks for your answers

I would like to wire multiple slave picaxe (around 50-60) in a network and wanted to check out if the One Wire porotocol is appropriate for that purpose.
The data that is sent to/from the master PICAXE is quite simple (one number).

I have tried the I2C protocol but the distance there was a probelm.

Any additional information regarding the 1 Wire protocol wioll be much appriciated.

Cheers

Guy

kranenborg

Hi Guy,

Maybe my SerialPower Network approach could be a solution: http://www.picaxeforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7694
You may select either the true two-wire version or the one-wire version with separate power lines.

Throughput is approx 10 messages / sec at 4MHz, so it takes 5-6 secs to serve all nodes (this figure halves at 8MHz). Let me know if this would serve your purpose

Jurjen

Last edited: