Microbric Viper Robot

lanternfish

Damn! Was in Sydney only a couple of weeks ago. Would have bought a couple (or ten) at that price had they been available at that time. DSE NZ doesn't have them.

boriz

"please be aware that in some cases the product may be shop soiled, ex-demonstration, repaired, or incomplete. "

rgooge

"please be aware that in some cases the product may be shop soiled, ex-demonstration, repaired, or incomplete. "
Well that's just been added, that whole statement wasn't there two nights ago! Must be getting low on stock.

rgooge

Well, I've bought two kits plus another two on order for spare parts and a few sets of expansion mods. Quite a nice system, uses Atom Basic (plus Picaxes shortly), based on a PIC. The commands are sent out in a serial fashion to the motors, which have their own controllers, so sort of a set and forget, and I can see how the parts could easily be integrated into a Picaxe project. This weekend we are building two Sumo robots for a family contest. So far, all the boxes have been brand new, unopened.

Minor (IMHO) downside(s): 6 AAA batteries per robot (not for long, another mod coming), screw system connecting the modules up have to be tight for good electrical connections (used star washers on some of them). And maybe having to deal with another Basic and it's support programs.

Highly recommended!

Mail Order at Dick Smith say they are selling like hot cakes.

rgooge

Well, actually, I had no idea that Tech Supplies were going to do anything.

That quote really meant my intended use of the Viper with my Picaxes as a personal project! The PicAxes are really quite easy to integrate into the Viper, peripherals are mostly controlled by simple serial commands. I'm glad I paid the prices I did (A$29), looking at that link!

Well someone was in the know!

How about adding this to New Product Releases.

http://81.134.141.187/epages/Store.storefront/?ObjectPath=/Shops/Store.TechSupplies/Products/BOT110