Low Cost DMM - no excuse now!

Dippy

If it is of any use to UK viewers, CPC have a DMM +PC Interface for £9+VAT (plus carriage if spending less than whateveritis).

http://cpc.farnell.com/digitek/dt-9060-rs-232/dmm-pc-interface-with-software/dp/IN0251332?_requestid=318484

Quality: Unknown
Place of Manufacture: Obvious
Specification: Unknown.

But may be useful in non-critical uses. e.g. Schools or general hobby.

So, teachers, if you fancy saving my Tax-Pound check these out ;)

You can probably save 5p by going to EBarf, but at last with CPC you can be assured of good warranty support - and that must be worth 5p eh? Even to skinflints.

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
Looks like it may have been a mis-pricing ... on the RHS, there's a "Customers also bought" entry which looks to be the same product, price for that is shown as £18.76 (£21.57).

Dippy

The price and link I supplied are for January sale reductions.

CPC don't remove the original product/price.

If you study the Order code of the original item priced £18.76 you will seen order code quoted IN02513.
Check the sale price you will see IN0251332 i.e. suffixed with 32.

No mistake hippy.
A) Its the way CPC adjust their numbers during a sale.
B) I've just ordered one.

fernando_g

What I find really surprising about this product, other than its price, its is keen resemblance to a real Fluke meter.

Dippy

And you'll also notice that some of the almost-unknown Chinese brands of 'scope have keen resemblance to a real Tektronix too!
Good psychology.

manuka

This looks near identical to Jaycar's esteemed (but recently discontinued) "Digitech" QM-1538 =>http://users.tpg.com.au/users/p8king/qm1538.htm, which I've been bulk buying for years at ~£20.

Many (most?) of these serial datalogging DMMs have the same "engine", conveniently hence allowing their interfacing software to be interchanged- I prefer the program that came with a similar (but more costly) BRYMEN BM-202 => www.bigdry.orconhosting.net.nz/DMMJUG.JPG

Given the 2008 memory price free fall, it should come as no suprise to learn flash ram fitted datalogging DMMs are on the way. No doubt this has motivated outlets to clear stocks of these "oldies". Stan