LCD DEM16223 Module query

premelec

Recently I got [free!] some DEM16223 modules 2x16 small LCD display - there's a spec sheet on the Internet - www.time.pl/dok/optoelektronika/DEM16223SYH.pdf -

Question is - from their character set and communication protocol is this pretty much the same as the 'ordinary' HD44780 chip based units? I don't have a lot of experience with LCDs and have used PH Anderson's driver chip... Not sure if character sets are standardized etc.

Thanks for your opinion - and yes I'll just connect it and see what happens as well! - However connecting is a bit difficult due to connector type/lead spacing etc.

Thanks!

Last edited:

westaust55

LCD DEM16223 Module

The DEM 16223 SYH module has the standard character set as used by most fixed character set LCD modules.

At a quick glance, can be used with both 8-bit or 4-bit data entry to the module which is consistent with others.

The contact fingers are at 2.0mm centres whereas most readily available equipment in terms of plugs, pins etc are typically at 2.54mm (0.1 inch) centres.

You could search for a suitable edge connector but may be easier to solder leads to the fingers and create a short cable to a more conventional plug and socket to future connection and disconnection.

premelec

Eclectic yes that's the one - my eyes aren't doing so well and brain decided 'time' of course would be correct - cut and paste of link to this forum doesn't work for me on my particular browser...

West_55 Thanks much - I'll poke around some old scrap boards I have from printers and see if I can find a flat connector that works - or get out the loupe and fine point sodlering iron... Their IC is of the 'black blob' variety with no numbers on it at all...

Amazing what a black blob will do these days... :)

Thanks...