In circuit debug?

spironi

I have just recently started using PICAXE micros and am having a great time so far. Please forgive the ignorance of my question :)

Is there any way to debug the code/configuration with the actual chip and circuit?

The virtual debugger is fine for working with the logic, but I would like to use the actual chip and circuit to debug. For example, unless I use the actual circuit, I don't know what inputs the various sensors I have hooked up to the PICAXE are providing, so I can't watch how the PICAXE is responding to real inputs.

I did some quick searching but didn't see much on this topic. If I am searching for the wrong thing please feel free to point me in the correct direction.

Thanks much in advance,
Spiro

BCJKiwi

Simplest method is to insert sertxd commands into the code at the relevant places. These will output back up the programming cable to the terminal in the Programming Editor. View / Options / Editor / tick "open terminal".

The sertxd output will need to be formatted appropriately fo rthe variable types being monitored so they make sense in the terminal screen.

The sertxd lines can be rem'd out when you have finished testing.

Texy

Well what would be really nice would be an ICD/ICD2 for debugging purposes, but the sertxd option serves a ver good purpose, or an expansion to the debug command (to be able to see more than just the registers, for example, memory address's).

Texy