Hyperterminal issues

matt2466

Hi everyone! I have this problem when i'm using window's Hyperterminal program to capture data from the picaxe. After capturing the data and ending the Hyperterminal session, I can no longer download code into my picaxe. I need to restart my PC in order to download again.

Is there a way to release the com port for downloading without restarting the PC?

slimplynth

Hi Matt that does sound annoying, I've used the hyperterminal but not experienced this problem. Have you tried going into >>>view>>>options>>>serial port >>> refresh. Its probably too simple to be the right answer...

ylp88

Is there a reason you are using HyperTerminal to capture serial data? How about the Terminal facility in Programming Editor?

Otherwise, in HyperTerminal, there's a "Disconnect" or "Hang Up" command/button, I think. Have you used that?

ylp88

matt2466

Hi Matt that does sound annoying, I've used the hyperterminal but not experienced this problem. Have you tried going into >>>view>>>options>>>serial port >>> refresh. Its probably too simple to be the right answer...
I tried but it doesn't work.

matt2466

Is there a reason you are using HyperTerminal to capture serial data? How about the Terminal facility in Programming Editor?

Otherwise, in HyperTerminal, there's a "Disconnect" or "Hang Up" command/button, I think. Have you used that?

ylp88
I did use the disconnect function but somehow the com port is still being occupied therefore programming editor isn't able to use that com port. I shall try to figure using the inbuilt terminal.

slimplynth

The only similar problem I came across when using hyperterminal was ensuring that only 1 program was open at any time that could use the com port. I'm guessing you've been closing down the PE before opening hyperterminal and vice versa?

matt2466

Its been awhile...

anyways I've manged to use hyperterminal to capture the data from the 08M's serial out pin using the sertxd command.

However I noticed the voltage level at the serial out pin is fluctuating (understandably) at around 0.02V+...is this a concern although data is captured fine?

I fed the serial out data to the RXD pin of my BT chip and managed to pair it with my PC. The BT chip supports serial port service and is paired using COM4. However hyperterminal captures jibberish symbols. I ensured both the 08M and the BT chip are running on the same baud rate, parity, stop bits. Could it be the N or T settings in the 08M for negated or true values?

greencardigan

I've had a similar problem where the programming editor wont fully open if I've just closed hyperterminal. The PE would stop loading at the splash screen.

It would usually rectify itself if I unplugged and reinserted the USB to Serial adaptor.