Hippy passes thru 10,000

Dippy

Blimey, Westy.
It took you 4 days to notice? Hee hee.

But it doesn't beat your > 5 posts per day. That must be a record for a non-Newbie?

Switch that PC off. Get out and about more. The fresh air... the clear blue skies... nudist beaches ... you're missing SO much staying indoors, cruising the Forum and Ebay :)

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
You're not that far of the 5K mark youself Dippy. That's got to be an excuse for a mini celebration.

manie

On top of that my 500th post was in answer to Dippy. What else can we blame him for ??:D

Last edited:

inglewoodpete

Switch that PC off. Get out and about more. The fresh air... the clear blue skies... nudist beaches ... you're missing SO much staying indoors, cruising the Forum and Ebay
Dippy, it's mid winter here in Perth. You know: nights get down to 10C days to 19 or 20C. Too cold to go out :)

But I agree: WA55 should be watching the cricket.

xtech007

Congrats!!!!!

People like you all its whats make us new members look up to !
Hippy Congrats and many thanks for the help you provide in the forum.
Do go out and Party like an Animal.

westaust55

Dippy, it's mid winter here in Perth. You know: nights get down to 10C days to 19 or 20C. Too cold to go out :)

But I agree: WA55 should be watching the cricket.

Yep winter here and what is more,

I have taken today off work and guess what . . .

. . . . It is raining. :mad:

Mind you have been out and down a 160km "run" already this morning in the old truck. Will be out again this arvo for a couple hours

IWP, there is the Polar Bears Club for that early morning winter dip in the ocean :)

manuka

10k over - ~7 years= impressive indeed!

For Europeans used to being daunted by even a trip to neighbouring towns,consider WA55's 160km jaunt is small beer in Oz. Some of these diggers drive such stretches just to their mail boxes. The distance from Perth to Darwin is ~4000km!

Last edited:

inglewoodpete

Stan, On the other hand, I remember driving the 66 Kms (direct) from Whitianga to Waihi and the odometer showed around 500km! (perhaps I exagerate a little) Good quality roads but lots them-there hills and bends in the road ;).

MartinM57

Yep, did that one last year - Auckland to Waihi Beach via the Coromandel peninsula in a day, including the obligatory tourist "burn your feet at Hot Water Beach" stopover early evening. Whole journey was absolutely fantastic - and a helluva long way :)

papaof2

For Europeans used to being daunted by even a trip to neighbouring towns,consider WA55's 160km jaunt is small beer in Oz. Some of these diggers drive such stretches just to their mail boxes. The distance from Perth to Darwin is ~4000km!
Many people in the US think in terms of travel time instead of distance: 2.5 hours instead of 158 miles (254km).

Example: Son-in-law received his Master's Degree on Saturday, so we drove to the university on Friday afternoon, because it's a 3.5 hour drive (193mi/310km) from us and we needed to be there before the ceremony started at 9AM on Saturday. We drove 3.5 hours to their house for a celebration Saturday afternoon. (148mi/228km - no Interstate highway here, so it takes longer. Son-in-law did the coursework online, so no commuting to class.) Then we drove 2.5 hours (158mi/254km) home on Sunday afternoon. Weekend trip total travel: 9.5 hours or 493mi/793km. (BTW, my truck got 26+mg.)

If you plan to drive coast-to-coast in the US, the distance from Portland, Maine, to Los Angeles, California, is 3093mi/4978km and the drive time is estimated at 46 hours. I would suggest converting this trip to some reasonable number of days with 8 hours or less driving each day - you might even want to plan some sight-seeing along the way ;-)

John

slimplynth

I have two hours a day round trip. M60 madness.

Well done Hippy, i'm not sure I've ever done anything non biological more 10,000 times. :) Thanks for the oft' witty words of wisdom and learnings.

demonicpicaxeguy

Many people in the UK think in terms of % of life spent in the car!
2.5hrs is a typical daily commute time.:mad:

u lucky buggers, in a previous job i had 2.5 hours twice daily as typical,
infact a large percentage of lunatics take the 2.5hour trip into and out of the city of sydney on what should have taken the record for the "worlds longest carpark" "it's a motorway(tolled) called the "M5" that should have been three or 4 lanes to beginwith, instead they built it two lanes wide

Rickharris

Many people in the UK think in terms of % of life spent in the car!
2.5hrs is a typical daily commute time.:mad:
I used to spend around 3 hours in my car to and from work every day - The only difference in the UK is my school was only 34 miles away from where I live. 1.5 hours/34 miles that's almost walking!

On the other hand it takes 4 hours to get to my childrens houses about 240 miles away