Hippy joins the Revolution!

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
We are very pleased to announce that as of 1 November 2008 'Hippy' has become a full time employee of Revolution Education Ltd.

We are sure his programming and PICAXE expertise will of great benefit to both Revolution and the whole PICAXE community.

We will continue to use both the 'Technical' and 'Hippy' user names on this forum, although both names are now effectively technical support from Revolution Education Ltd.

Please do not use personal mail (PM) on the forum for technical support, as we prefer to answer all questions via the open forum. This allows any people with similar questions in the future to search the archives for the answer, and also allows any other member to contribute with ideas or suggestions.

Andrew Cowan

I find it hard to believe that Hippy can spend any more time on the forum...

Anyway - sounds like a clever move from Rev-Ed.

Hippy - how about writing an official PICAXE guide on poking and such?

Andrew

Last edited:

manuka

Great stuff & a very suitable appointment, although (tease) no doubt 6-7 years back pay will now be due however! Naturally we will now personally pester him regarding our PICAXE wish list, so I trust the Rev.Ed coffee machine still makes a suitably mind focusing brew. Stan

Last edited:

MFB

So that’s why Hippy has been so keen to defend Rev-Ed whenever anyone complained about the late arrival of the X2 (or just about anything else). However, I am sure we will now see lots more support literature. Good luck!

Mycroft2152

Congratulations Hippy!

Just remember to keep the "Property of Rev-Ed" tatoo on your forehead covered when you go out in public.

Myc

retepsnikrep

As a relative newbie to this game i'll add my congratulations to this list.

I think it's also fair to point out that after my attention had been drawn to the Picaxe range of chips and the various websites, the clincher for me was this amazing forum and the knowledgable members who frequent it.

Everyone (and I hope to include myself in time) seems willing and able to give prompt advice and support which makes almost any problem solveable.

leftyretro

So that’s why Hippy has been so keen to defend Rev-Ed whenever anyone complained about the late arrival of the X2 (or just about anything else). However, I am sure we will now see lots more support literature. Good luck!
I'd like to think of it as now we have an insider that will give us more insight and gossip ;)

Congratulations and don't let us down :D

Lefty

Last edited:
Congratulations Hippy!

Great news and an excellent decision by Rev. Ed.
Hippy,
I thank you for the helpful comments and advice in the past, and look forward to your help in the future. Your knowledge and willingness to help will be a tremendous asset to the company.
Andres Rodriguez

westaust55

Congratulations Hippy

Congratulations Hippy and Rev Ed.

A union that should benefit all.

While also a relative newcomer to this forum myself, the information I have received and seen from Hippy has been exremely useful.

Congratulations........................Technical!!

I would also like to thank Hippy for all the help and guidance he has given me, both in promt answers to questions, some of which no doubt he will have answered a myriad of times before and also in the many commented code snippets that make learning a new skill that much easier.
I'm sure you will continue to be a great asset to the company and hope that being on the payroll doesn't dampen your appetite for all things Picaxe!!
regards Eric

kranenborg

Now considering Hippy frequent pokings: I assume it was already poked into the stars that this move would happen. Great for unifying two different but related user groups; schools and hobbyists, and I am sure both parties will profit a lot. Congratulations! (and who may be consider the next person to make the move in a year or so; maybe manuka has to migrate?)!

/Jurjen

moxhamj

Well done Hippy.

I thought something must be up a few days ago when Hippy's status changed from "Moderator" to "Technical Support".

Congratulations!

Marcwolf

Congratualtions Hippy..
I am sure your insightful knowledge will be well used to make the PicAXE Even better.

Take Care
Dave

krypton_john

Now considering Hippy frequent pokings: I assume it was already poked into the stars that this move would happen. Great for unifying two different but related user groups; schools and hobbyists, and I am sure both parties will profit a lot. Congratulations! (and who may be consider the next person to make the move in a year or so; maybe manuka has to migrate?)!

/Jurjen
No way are the poms getting our Stan! He can be appointed a roving ambassador though!

premelec

Conngrats to Hippy and Rev Ed! Hippy you have certainly done extensive service to keep us informed both in this forum and your web site! Hope you'll stay unassimilated by the Borg... best wishes and good luck!

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
Thanks for all the congratulations and I'm sure we'll all benefit long term.

Having put aside something of a life of leisure it does mean that I've got real work to do so there won't be quite so many nor as detailed postings except in the evenings and at weekends. Once things settle down and I've got my desk how it needs to be I'm sure I'll be back to posting more frequently. Luckily we have a good quorum of forum members who have been answering questions and that really is appreciated.

One thing the change does mean is that I'll no longer be posting from an individual perspective but as a member of the Rev-Ed team. That was a price I was prepared to pay and there's precious little if anything I have posted in the past that I couldn't post now, so it's not really a problem, it's just finding the time to post amongst the other things I have to do.

As to having the keys to the inner sanctum; I'm afraid I'm as bound as every employee is in any company when it comes to publicly disclosing what's being worked on and what future plans are. It probably comes as no surprise that I don't set Rev-Ed company goals nor decide what the priorities are and I don't necessarily know what other employees are doing at any particular time or the details of other projects.

Anyway, week one done and dusted, now onto the next ...