Help with sevo driver please !!!!!!

MervBlood

Please,please help me out.I built myself a lovely sub with oil filled motors and an onboard camera.I figured that if I bought the picaxe SD21 - 21 channel servo driver with picaxe 18x and an picaxe 28x1 starter pack plus two picaxe 28x2 chips that I could set the sub up with servos and just connect the switches from a game controller to a 28x2 chip and write a small programe to convert the switch presses and send them down a couple of wires to the servo driver.I am aware that the signal would have to be slowed to accomadate the ic2 but am realy not clear how if at all they could be connected. Thank you
Merv:confused::confused::confused:

BeanieBots

Welcome to the forum.

How about sending RS232 at a slow speed instead of trying to mess with the I2C timing (which may well not work anyway).

Have a PICAXE top side which reads all your knobs, switches and buttons, a PICAXE in the sub to receive the serial commands and then relay them (via I2C) to the servo controller.

MervBlood

Welcome to the forum.

How about sending RS232 at a slow speed instead of trying to mess with the I2C timing (which may well not work anyway).

Have a PICAXE top side which reads all your knobs, switches and buttons, a PICAXE in the sub to receive the serial commands and then relay them (via I2C) to the servo controller.
So if I use the28x2s at either end of the cable all I have to do is connect the bottom one via ic2. Am I right in thinking the 28x2 just needs two of its pins coupled to the Ic2 on the servo driver? But this is the big question,how do I join them via rs232??
Thanks a million for your help

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
But this is the big question,how do I join them via rs232??
RS232-style ( 0V/5V as against +/-12V ) is as simple as connecting an output pin to an input pin, joining both PICAXE 0V's together and using SERIN and SEROUT.