GLCD + Touch screen

PaioX

Hello :)
I'm thinking to buy a b/w GLCD + touchscreen that can be easily interfaced and used with a picaxe. Anyone has some soggestion on the kind of GLCD or controller?I'm searching for something of not so expensive.
Many Thanks
Paride

womai

By far the least expensive (only US$24!) I have found is the one offered on the Mikroelektronika site. They also have schematics on how to hook it up (as part of their development board schematics).

http://www.mikroe.com/en/tools/components/

(scroll down to "other components", the first in that list is "Graphic LCD 128x64 with TouchScreen").

As for code for driving it though, you'll be on your own, because the ME compiler has built-in libraries for that, which obviously aren't usable for a Picaxe. On the upside, it definitely works with a PIC16F887 (they have videos showing it off), so most likely a Picaxe 40X1 can handle it (although it may be very slow...).

Wolfgang

Last edited:
I am using a cheap GLCD that I got off EBay, driven by the GLIC-K1 Graphics Interpretor, designed to interface with PICAXE. When going for this option, make sure the GLCD has a KS0108 driver or equivilant. The alternative is a Toshiba model, in which case, all you need is the GLIC-T1 instead. As for a touch screen, I have done all the research I need to know how to interface it with PICAXE, but not found a suitable one for the size of my GLCD.

Now that I have come accross this site that womai has pointed out, I may just buy the GLCD+TS, however, can womai or anyone else tell me the graphics driver used in this GLCD because I cannot seem to find the information.

Using the GLIC IC is straight foward, but if you are interested in this route, please PM me BEFORE purchase.