Gears of War 2 Perfect Active and Halo 3 Instant Sticky

Hey,

Do you guys know any where I can find the code for Gears of War 2 active reload and Halo 3 Instant Sticky and BXB? Or am I going to have to do this myself?

Thanks!

Edited by Hippy : I have removed a number of subsequent posts as inappropriate.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dippy

Gentlemen, can we quit this now please.

Yes, chippy I saw your little EEPROM joke.
But I think it would be appreciated if this didn't degenerate into rudeness.

This Forum is generally pretty free of rudeness and insults, but when we reach Bitch Factor 6 then the 'combatants' are asked to take a deep breath and calm down.

So, remember: PICAXE and PICAXE-related subjects only please. Obv this can digress into component-talk but use some care.

And if I had a £ or $ for every confusion between 'loose' and 'lose' on this Forum I'd be rich :)

PAX please -

SgtB

UnbrokenHeretic,

What you want to do involves the basic building blocks of microcontrollers. Turning pins on and off and reading switches. Everything you need to know is in manuals supplied with the picaxe system for FREE. The Picaxe is fundementaly a learning tool, and is quite honestly one of the best and most complete lerning kits I've ever seen. If you take a small amount of time to read at least the first manual and make an attempt at some code and a circuit, we would be more than happy to help you. You have to do a little leg work here. You are fortunate in the fact that the power supply circuit is already in the controller. It's a very easy circuit to build from there.

SgtB,

Thank you. I will give the manuals a read. I've done programming before with things like QBasic, but that was a long time ago so hopefully some of these things will be similar. I am also thinking about buying a PICAXE 14m starter kit to try out. Would this be a good chip to use if I wanted to connect it to 3 tac buttons, 2 LEDs and the triggers? I was considering the 08m, but I thought it might lack the number of I/Os needed.

SgtB

The manual has the pinout and datasheet for every chip in the first few chapters. Look at the top of this forum for the pdf. All three are usefull to have and well written. Once you learn a little, the third manual has many types of basic interface circuits in it.

chipset

Im going to come right out and apologize for my immature posts. I didnt need to act like that and I was a dick from the start. SgtB is right though. You need to read the 3 manuals at least once and try to make some stuff work in the simulator. Just watching the simulated lights blink will tell you if you got it right. Its not that hard for the basics. Search the forums and try to write some code for what you are doing. Everyone here is more than ready to help you if you do in fact try to write it, even if its horribly F'd up.

moxhamj

A 14M sounds a great choice. It can read inputs and drive leds and will have a few pins spare. 08M doesn't have enough pins, and bigger chips are probably overkill. 14M would be the place to start. And the code is very similar to qbasic.

Im going to come right out and apologize for my immature posts. I didnt need to act like that and I was a dick from the start. SgtB is right though. You need to read the 3 manuals at least once and try to make some stuff work in the simulator. Just watching the simulated lights blink will tell you if you got it right. Its not that hard for the basics. Search the forums and try to write some code for what you are doing. Everyone here is more than ready to help you if you do in fact try to write it, even if its horribly F'd up.
I'm sorry for being an ass too. I'll give the simple codes a crack, and then the rapid fire one a shot and come back after I have a go and see if it's ok. Thanks for apologising anyway. Hope we're all good now. :)

A 14M sounds a great choice. It can read inputs and drive leds and will have a few pins spare. 08M doesn't have enough pins, and bigger chips are probably overkill. 14M would be the place to start. And the code is very similar to qbasic.
Ok awesome. :)
Hopefully I'll remember some of my qbasic stuff lol. When you wire buttons, say for example I wanted to have a button that when pushed, triggered the program to goto a different rapid fire mode for example. Do i connect one pin on the button to an output, and the other to an input? I seen one mod that someone done, and they connected one pin to input (or maybe output) 4 and the other to the +V pin.

chipset

yes were cool, I acted about 15 years younger than I am. Either way check manual 3 about connecting buttons to the pic axe. This manual is about interfacing the PIC with exernal hardware. Writing the code is split between the three manuals. The easiest way to read a pin is like this
Code:
pin3=1

pin3=0
first part says pin three has voltage on it, second line says pin 3 doesnt. Or in other terms it means that the pin is High or Lo. Thats the nice thing about PICAXE, its so easy to write the code. The tough part (at least for me) is figuring out the more complicated commands and choosing them correctly so the code executes the way you want it to. The nice thing is that we will help you out along the way and you will actually learn it instead of just being spoon fed the info and not learning a damn thing.

SgtB

Manual 3 shows you how to interface the buttons. They really do show you how to do everything you want to do. You'll be suprised how easy it is.

Oh ok. I was just reading about the switches. I figure that if I take a look at some other codes people have written, look at the commands, and then look them up in the manual I might be able to figure out what exactly the code is doing.

when you say:
Code:
Pin3=1 

Pin3=0
Is that specifically talking about Pin 3 (which on the PICAXE 14M is Input 4)?

So say for example I had something connected to Pin 6, would the code become:
Code:
Pin6=1

Pin6=0

chipset

im having a brain fart and need some sleep disregard what I posted up.... night

Last edited:

eclectic

UH
It will really help if you print out
Manual 1, pages 26 and 80.

And, try to refer to the metal connectors as "legs"

e

Alright. I might actually print out a copy of the whole manual so that I can easily flick through it without changing betweeen programmign and the manual.

Dippy

"And, try to refer to the metal connectors as "legs" "

- and then we can talk about 'pinout' without any confusion :)

slimplynth

SgtB,

Thank you. I will give the manuals a read. I've done programming before with things like QBasic, but that was a long time ago so hopefully some of these things will be similar. I am also thinking about buying a PICAXE 14m starter kit to try out. Would this be a good chip to use if I wanted to connect it to 3 tac buttons, 2 LEDs and the triggers? I was considering the 08m, but I thought it might lack the number of I/Os needed.
I'd say get the AXE090 or ooohh splash out on an AXE091 - please let one be in my birthday present stack this Monday :D (if you were going to pay someone to write the code it will be a good future investment... once you realise the power of the picaxe and it's ease to work with, you'll be hooked and want to tryout the bigger chips.

Programming 100+ 08Ms in the AXE090 should be easy enough, plug in 08M >>> program it >>> whip it out >>> next.. job done :)

Not to mention the other little add-ons that make the learning curve that little bit more easy to grapple with.. a bread board area ... switches, LEDs, LDR and plenty of room to work in.

http://www.rev-ed.co.uk/docs/axe090.pdf
http://www.rev-ed.co.uk/docs/axe091.pdf

Regards

Last edited:
Actually, now that I think about it, all the Gears of war 2 active reload would really do is trigger the reload sequence, and after a period of time, trigger the RB so that it stops on the active reload mark.