Error in downloading software

lele

I have a picaxe 18x. All worked fine for one week, but suddenly (and without any logic reason) I started to have a communication error every time I try to download new software on the microcontroller.
Nothing has changed in my circuit and after a week of troubleshooting (checking cables, connections, voltage, etc.) I verified that the problem was software related by using another PC (with the same serial cable!). In fact, by using another PC I can download software normally. I also tested my com1 port and I'm sure it works properly.

Uninstalling and reinstalling the software doesn't solve the problem. I deleted the spurious files left by progedit installation before reinstalling and I also deleted registry entry that was related to the software itself. Still I can't download software on my picaxe using my PC...

Can someone help me? I'm using a w2k sp4 environment.

lele

The error message is:
Error - Hardware not found on COM1:

Obviously I tried to keep the reset switch down before the download, but the progress bar never appear (the download process seems to hang during the "connecting to hardware" phase...)

lele

Navigating trough the forum, I found other persons that had the same "mysterious" problem (but I didn't find any solution!)
I think the deinstaller doesn't remove all the files and all the registry keys written, so that the new installation remains "dirty". Finding the "corrupt" file or registry key should solve the problem...
Do you have any document that desccribes what goes on the registry and/or any files?

Thanks in advance,
best regards, LL

TEZARM

Hi lele. Try using Software called Registry Mechanic. Should clean up unwanted files you don't want from Registry. Then try again. This software is very good.

Hope this helps.