Error 53.

Rad

I just bought a picaxe-08 solder less Dev kit from phanderson.com, I set it up, and got my computer to see the chip on COM1, AND I get a correct com port test, the pic was sent to me pre programmed to loop a led blink whenever I do a COM test I'll hit the green led and it will freeze the actual led on the circuit to I'm assuming that means it works as I do have a connection to the chip. So that eliminates the physical stuff, but whenever I try to run, I get a

"Error 53: File does not exist."

Then a

"The following path is invalid..."
"C:\program files\programming editor\picprog\picaxe08a.exe"

Also, whenever I try to clear hardware memory I get this...

Error - Hardware not found on COM1:

Possible causes:
1)Hardware not connected.
2)Hardware not powered.
3)Hardware contains blank microcontroller.
4)Hardware needs to be reset. To do this disconnect the battery...
...then click PICAXE>Run to start a download...
...Them reconnect the battery when the progress bar appears.
5)*** Is pin0 in the program position on boards fitted with a jumper link? ***

I'm pretty sure its software related, I'll try re-installing maybe tomorrow, untill then, any help would be appreciated!

~Rad-

Rad

Ok, I re-installed and now no longer get a 53 Error, but the program still tells me there is no device connected to COM1, when I test COM1 I see the blinking led stop, then if I unclick the green led the blinking one on my protoboard starts again. I know the chip is good, because its making the led blink, but I cant erase or write to it... I guess I need a different transfer circut. =/ Any help is great as always.

~Rad-

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
Check your cable. It could be that the signal (from PICAXE back to PC) is not being recognised whilst the signal to PICAXE is.

Also check power supply - 4.5V from 3xAA cells recommened for testing.

Rad

Thanks, that did it, the blue wire I had was cut inside the insulation (guess I pulled it to hard...) but its all tip top now, thanks a lot!

~Rad-
(Figures it would be something simple...)