Creating a new component

retepsnikrep

Dear All

I want to create a new 8 pin 0.3" Dip chip which is not in the library.

I have tried :( But it's a nightmare and I'm now expert with Isis.

The chip is an SV2000 (Cypress CY8C27143)

Pinout is as per this diagram.

http://www.solarvan.co.uk/bms/sv2000.gif

There is no simulation model it's just for schematic and then pcb use.

I tried editing a current part but could not change the text inside the component :eek: I nearly threw computer out of window in total frustration :mad:

Could some kind sould give me a laymans heads up or even spare two minutes to do it, then we can add it to our communal library.

Many thanks

Peter

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
This should be quite straight forward. Find an existing 8 pin device that is already using the pcb layout you want (e.g. a 555 timer). Right click over the part and spend a couple of minutes looking at its properties. The only one you need is the PCB footprint, which will be 8DIL or similar, depending on the PCB software you are going to use. You won't need the MODDLL or similar attributes as these are the simulation model details, not needed in your case.

Then right click on the part and decompose it. You can then edit all the individual pin names etc.

Then drag a box around the decomposed parts, right click and 'Make Device', following the step by step instructions in the Make Device wizard to edit/remove the unwanted properties as required. Remember to change the part name.

The part will then be added to the category of your choice at the end of the wizard, so that is available for future use.