Blockly crashed completely

picaxehama0013

Hello,
I'm playing al little bit with the Blockly programming and was very impressed but now it looks like completely crashed...
I have worked with the Simulator funktion in Blockly. I was wondering why it had two simulation possibilities: One from PE6 itself and one in the programming window of Blockly, left near the Block Elements list. Both have worked perfectly until I've pressed the close "X" of the simulation in the programming window of Blockly. I was not be able to bring back this simulation window. Did you have any idea what I can do?
I have tried out many settings in option and configuration. Now Blockly will not work, at all. Always a text with "The host name could not be resolved." appears, if I try to load an existing Blockly program or want to open a new one. I've tried to set back all changed values in options and settings without success. I've re-installed the complete PE6 without success - now I'm at the end and hope you'll help or give some support...
2015-10-20 22_53_07-PICAXE Editor 6.0.8.3.png

Thanks!

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
1) Make sure the text box in File>Options>Diagnostics>Blockly is completely empty in case you typed something into it incorrectly?

In PE6 the main simulator should be used, in fact is a beta Blockly bug that the js simulator is even visible at all in PE6 (it shouldn't be!).
The js simulator is for the cloud/app versions, but the Blockly source code is common to all versions.

2) If not 1, sounds like you may have a corrupt cookie - try this in PE6:

1) File>Help>PICAXE Editor My Settings Folder (Windows Explorer will open)
2) Exit PE6
3) Delete all folder and files in the Blockly/Cookies folder that is shown in Windows Explorer
4) Restart PE6

Last edited:

picaxehama0013

Yes, you're right! there was some chars in ...Diagnostics>Blockly... this was the problem! Thanks!

But could you please describe how the Simulation in Blockly programming window will appear again after closing by "X" ?

1) Make sure the text box in File>Options>Diagnostics>Blockly is completely empty in case you typed something into it incorrectly?

In PE6 the main simulator should be used, in fact is a beta Blockly bug that the js simulator is even visible at all in PE6 (it shouldn't be!).
The js simulator is for the cloud/app versions, but the Blockly source code is common to all versions.

2) If not 1, sounds like you may have a corrupt cookie - try this in PE6:

1) File>Help>PICAXE Editor My Settings Folder (Windows Explorer will open)
2) Exit PE6
3) Delete all folder and files in the Blockly/Cookies folder that is shown in Windows Explorer
4) Restart PE6

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
But could you please describe how the Simulation in Blockly programming window will appear again after closing by "X" ?
It won't. It shouldn't be visible in PE6 at all.
The PE6 simulator is much more powerful than the js simulator, which is only necessary when Blockly is run on websites/in apps.