Any update on AXE027 install?

hnorwood

Good evening.
I have failed to install the driver(s) for the AXE027 on a W11Home (version 22H2) machine - it gives the error 39 as mentioned in other threads. I find those threads difficult to understand plus they are old(ish)

Is there a simple answer, please - and DO NOT say "use Linux"! - and by simple I mean easy to implement.

Many thanks

Kind regards

Moved from Software installation to allow more exposure. e

Last edited by a moderator:

hnorwood

Hmmm... yes, well.. Sorry but that does not seem particularly easy.

Fortunately for me I have got the system working on a XP laptop that is kept away from the 'Net. - I posted my last message in a fit of frustration when I couldn't get the thing to download to my AXE091, and tried (and failed) to get the driver to install on W11

(the XP set-up then worked and still worked!)

Thanks, anyway.

Last edited:

papaof2

My opinion is that XP may have been the best OS that ever came out of Microstupid.

I've become an author in my old age (genre is mostly end of civilization as we know it, sometimes in just a small area, currently 13 books on Amazon) and I've been using an XP laptop as my writing instrument for about 11 years. Because of changes in web sites (security and new graphics) I've been forced to a newer OS - but almost all the laptops capable of running those OS's are 16:9 and steal a lot of the vertical (page) space from a writer :-( I guess I'll survive, as I found a "naked" Dell laptop with a quad core i7 on eBay for $40US + shipping (naked: no hard drive, no OS, no power pack).

The E6420 runs Win 10 comfortably and I've installed PICAXE editors 5 and 6 with no complaints (yet?). I doubt that I'll upgrade to Win 11 - too many "lack of control" complaints - I've already had enough problems with that on Win 10.

inglewoodpete

For a while, I added a second screen to my computer, mounted in "Portrait" format. This was ideal for viewing an entire document page (1280px high by 1024px wide). Nowadays, I luxuriate with a single screen - 2560px by 1440px :)