Altronics in Balcatta, West Aust.

inglewoodpete

I've had my ear to the ground (yeah I know, bum in the air:rolleyes:) and heard that Altronics in Western Australia is expanding to new premises in Balcatta. It's not clear if they are intending to have retail space in the new location. I googled them to try and find more information and found this advert for warehouse staff. I understand there is office space there.

Altronics is a supplier of electronics kits and components to enthusiasts and the industry, particularly in Australia. They are resellers of PICAXE chips and developments boards etc.

rbright

Jack must have a good offer for Roe St

Believe the 1st floor of existing Roe St premises is currently their main Warehouse / Distribution Centre and the ground floor retail just has no spare space.
Maybe with the Northbridge Link & the sinking of the rail line across the road and all of the inevitable disruption Jack is about to realize a healthly profit on the current site. Can't think of as nicer guy for it to happen to.

westaust55

Hmm, if their retail section does move to Balcatta, that will curtail the lunchtime walks to Altronics for those bits and pieces but very close (on the way to Bunnings Hardware, etc :) ) for a Saturday trip.

I hope it is an expansion. That way I will soon have one close to work, and one closer to home :) Dont forget there is now a Jaycar in Midland also. They dont have PICAXE but they are not bad for other bits and pieces if you dont want to go into the city (and live north)

fritz42_male

Ouch! I'm close to Balcatta so I'll end up spending more money and the wife already complains about my trips to Bunnings!
:)

inglewoodpete

Ouch! I'm close to Balcatta so I'll end up spending more money and the wife already complains about my trips to Bunnings!
Just like the Bunnings advertisements on TV; instead of telling her you've gone to Bunnings (or Altronics), tell her you've gone to the pub.

Last edited:

westaust55

From a brief discussion with the guys at Altronis today, the information is:
1. Balcatta will be a warehouse and mail order dispatch centre with no retail facilities
2. Roe St in Northbridge with dramatically reduce the warehouse area and increase the retail store area

westaust55

Just visited the Altronics store in Roe St (Perth West Aust).
The expansion of space is done and the framework in place for a larger area of Retail shopping.
Soon will be more on display in the Perth PICAXE outlet.

inglewoodpete

I was going to provide an update too. (Nothing much else happens in the colonies!!)

...and the retail space in the Balcatta store opens on 12th Sept.

fritz42_male

Living in Greenwood, the opportunity of Picaxe shopping in Balcatta is superb.

They had better be warned though - one "picaxe out of stock" issue when I'm there and I'll be picketing the store with protest signs!

;)

westaust55

For those living in Western Australia, and more specifically Perth, Altronics now have their Balcatta based warehouse in operation.
They have, in addition to the warehouse, also opened a retail outlet on Erindale Road - probably about half the floor space of the Roe Street store near the Perth CBD.

For those in the north, a closer electronics outlet of PICAXE chips and other useful parts on a Saturday (not open Sundays - yet at least)