advancedmicrocircuits.com (not sure who to tell)

antman1

Just wanted to warn you about http://www.advancedmicrocircuits.com/. I ordered 7 from them on 9/11/08 and they have not sent me anything other then a email saying it was shipped. I ordered more the day I got that about 3 more and today I have yet to receive the chips and the guy from there told me that a real estate agency took over the place he sent them out from and my chips are locked in there. He then told me that he sent my 3 out today and gave me a tracking number. Well I look up the tracking number and call ups to check on it and they tell me it is going to a university not my address so he lied to me and gave the wrong tracking number. I made a paypal dispute after that and said either next day me the chips or refund and they refunded my money. So I am pretty upset and just dont know were I can post this to let everyone know. I was told you guys might want to know these things but didnt know if there is a place you wanted me to send an email to or what not.

Mycroft2152

Anty,

I am very surprised. I have ordered from AMC many times and have had no problems. There must be a little more to the story. Where are you located? How did you have it shipped.

I placed and order in 9/13 (after you placed your order), for a few 20M and one of the new 18X usb kits (very nice by the way). the order was shipped 9/17 and arrived on 9/23. No problems at all except for a very slow US snail mail. :)

Since it was purchased and shipped using PAYPAL, I saw the tracking info, when the USPS received it and then a week later it was delivered.

Myc

Last edited:

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
Firstly, I don't work for nor represent Rev-Ed or AMC, so these are just my views -

Things do go wrong and sometimes badly wrong and mistakes get made, but it is natural for people to be aggrieved and upset when it happens. At least in this case it does seem you have received a refund and the issue is resolved except for the inconvenience and annoyance you've been caused.

If AMC's dispatch office has been taken over and their stock for shipping seized it's not likely in AMC's power to get those items immediately sent out. As to sending out three more, but to the wrong place, whether that was a lie, a mistake or simply confusion due to other pressures ( like having a dispatch office taken over and stock seized ) is open to debate.

One hopes this is just a temporary problem which AMC will quickly overcome and it will be business as usual with customers happy again. I have to admit there have been some complaints about AMC service in the past ( and as WES ) but I cannot comment on any specifics. Other customers have reported entirely satisfactory service from AMC ( and as WES ).

Hopefully this unfortunate experience hasn't put you off using the PICAXE itself. SparkFun Electronics are also official US distributors of PICAXE products and they may be a preferred source of supply -

www.sparkfun.com

Last edited:

antman1

yeah see i ordered from them before with no probs. The only thing I didn't mention is that when I talked to the guy he got loud with me and I had to ask him to calm down and reminded him that I was not raising my voice. This didn't make me happy and then I was willing to work it out with him until he gave me more wrong info on that second package then I had enough. The UPS people told me that the tracking number was valid but that the package was never given to them that it was generated because they printed a label, then I gave them the other tracking label and they said that this one was sent to a university so there was no way to confirm if it was my package or not that was sent to that university or if he gave me a tracking number to make me feel like it was sent to try to make me happy. The place he said that was seized by the realty company was a Postage Annex and I found that odd and was willing to move on since they said they would overnight it to me.

BTW: Sparkfun is the BEST. Never a problem I can say. Only issue right now is they are out of stock :( so I need another supplier till they get back in stock. Definetly go with Sparkfun they are only out of stock of the 08M picaxe I use normally.

Last edited:

Dippy

Antman, I'm glad you've got it sorted.

I certainly don't know the background and none of my friends in the FBI/CIA/MI5/MI6 were privvy to your conversation, but as hippy has suggested, these sorts of things can be a temporary glitch.
To be diplomatic, it sounds like a cockup and I know it is really annoying and you feel like exploding so I hope it will return to business as usual soon.

At least these days refunds can be sorted more quickly and we don't have to suffer the well-used phrase "The cheque is in the post" :)

I wouldn't like to see an unfortunat one-off having a detrimental effect (note that as of this moment 8 people are reading this).

Edit: Oh, an alternative has just popped up... qu'elle coincidence ;)

Last edited:

slnii

with you

I placed an order with them 2 weeks ago. A week ago it showed to be shipped (fedex 2nd day air) and it still is not here. Just sent them a polite email asking for a status update so we will see. Would just place a second order with one of the other companies listed above but they dont seem to have what i need (or what I assume I need lol).

elf1564

I've also dealt with Mr. Anderson without any problems. Fair man and prices for us in the USA. Says what he is going to do and does it. I believe he also posts a listing of the orders shipped which to me is a nice touch. I highly recommend his services. http://www.phanderson.com/picaxe/

Mycroft2152

[ Edited : I hope I haven't caused any offence but as Moderator I've edited the real name out of the post - hippy ]

This is a snippet of the response posted on the Yahoo Picaxe group by AMC:

There are always two sides to the story

(1)His first order by mistake was sent to a customer in CN. The
order was returned, and I have the Fedex proof that it was returned
by the wrong customer.

(2)His second order was shipped via a POSTMAN PLUS store, which,
unfortunately for us, went out of business and all the shipments
they had were locked up for 10 days. I gave the phone number to
Mr. ***'s wife to verify this.

(3)Mr. *** literally bombarded me with strong voice, to the point
where I eventually had to raise my voice. He forgets to mention that
in his email.

(4)Mr *** requested a refund, and he was fully refunded.

The replies from other customers, all favoring our operation, attest
to our sincerity. Mistakes do happen, and we cannot always be
perfect. We apologize to Mr. *** for any inconvenience we might
have caused him. He does not mention that the previous orders he
placed all were delivered on time.

Of course the rest of the story is that Anty is one of the guys on the web selling XBox rapid fire mods using the 08M. Not a bad deal! $45US for an 08M, a resistor, a transistor and a bunch of wire.

Shipping errors happen in business, as Anty should know. How you respond these errors is a sign of good business practices..

Unfortuntely, Anty decided to act like as an immature little schoolboy throwing a tantrum. Good luck to Anty's customers.

Myc

Last edited by a moderator:

antman1

I hope everyone can see that message for what it is cause I never called names I only spoke of my experience that i recieved from Andrew. I felt that this was something that I should act on. I was never told that he was sending chips to me I only knew that I needed some still, and he had told me conflicting information. I do however feel that "schoolboy throwing a tantrum" comment is a little out of context but everyone sees both sides of the story and now I really feel that this was very unprofessional of AMC and will most assuridly not attempt to do business with them anymore especially after recieving an email like I got from him. I would post it here but dont want to upset AMC anymore. I apoligize if I have upset anyone by posting my experience here. Thank you all for your time and help.

And also I wanted to add that I did mention that I never had a problem with them before and that I was trying to work it out until UPS told me the tracking number he gave me last said it was going to a university not me so I got upset. We left a message and never got a call back so I sent a paypal dispute and he just refunded it and never told me anything more so again I gave opportunities to resolve this on different levels even when I filed the dispute it could have been explained to me without a refund. I put "I want my money back or overnighted chips to me" in the paypal dispute line. AMC was good to me until these incidents, this has just been a bad experience.

Last edited:

Dippy

I hope this can put to bed now without decending into any more name calling by people - however annoyed they are and however loyal they are.

It concerns me that private communications are put 'on Forum' as they should remain private and solely between the parties concerned. And that should also apply to making comments on any Forum. Revealing names is just one step away from revealing home addresses.

So, please let it drop now. And if anyone has disputes of this nature please keep it private.