8m works but 14m and 20m does not

drgipatel

Hello All
I have made the com1 cable as per the manual.
I programed the 8m, 14m and 20m pics with led and tune examples.
now i am able to only program the 8m
i cannot program the 14m and 20m. ( i was experimenting the pwmout 2,150,400 in 14m and now they dont seem to work.
I have checked the cables and all seem to be fine.

how do i know if the 14m and 20m are working? i even took out new 14m and 20m chips right from the pack and still i get the message cannot detect harware in com port.

and when i insert the 8m it works fine.

I want to know any method to know if the other chips are working or not,
how do i reset the 14m and 20m.
Regards

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
That you cannot communicate with unprogrammed PICAXE chips out of the pack but can with an 08M suggests that the circuit for the 14M and 20M isn't right.

If you're using a single 20-pin DIL to use 08M, 14M and 20M in the same socket then there's something else wrong; either they are already programmed or you haven't changed the Programming Editor mode selection ( View -> Options -> Mode ).

One thing to try is turning power off, clicking download, wait until the Pop-Up shows "Connecting to hardware..." turn the power back on.

What hardware are you using ? If home-built it would be worth posting a circuit diagram.

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
That seems a bit odd as I'd have thought a 100K would have worked, may be not. Check that you have the 10K connected to the 22K at the PC side not on the PICAXE side. It's not meant to be a potential divider.