5 Pos. Terminal Block- PLZ Help Draw For Diptrace!

MartinM57

If you REALLY REALLY need this part...then:
1) do without it - just use separate generic single connectors on the schematic and bring them to the correct spacing on the PCB layout - and draw a box round them on the silk layer to mimic where it goes
2) spend a few moments with the Diptrace tutorial and make it with the component editor!!

SilentScreamer

Depending on how essential it is you can pay for Diptrace themselves to design the part ($20.50 I think). Personally I'd design it myself depending on the circumstances and importance of it.

Last edited:

Andrew Cowan

Weird pitch. Try drawing it up yourself - it is not that hard. Try editing a similar component if you are really stuck.

A

j0563

Weird pitch. Try drawing it up yourself - it is not that hard. Try editing a similar component if you are really stuck.

A
Yeah, I dont mind just drawing the box outline and the pin spaces on the board, I just can't find any similar products and don't have the knowledge to design it myself with the absolute proper spacing.

Mycroft2152

j,

When drawing a component, the easist way to get exact spacing is to set the grid to the distance between the pins. Just place then pins, and then reset the grid to 0.1"

From the menu bar View > grid size> custom

You can also email support@diptrace.com or post on the diptrace user forum on Yahoo groups and ask if the part is in the library.

Myc