20M (AXE012M) Datasheet Missing

zipcodeman

I have not been able to locate a datasheet, or any decent documentation for that matter, for the 20M microcontroller. Now I know that this is a new product, but it seems that some information on the chip (possibly available functions) would be very useful. If I missed where this information is, I would appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction, but so far, I have found very little info.

Last edited:

lbenson

I trust you looked at manual 1, page 26? The chip supports 8 inputs, 8 outputs, 4 ADCs, infraout and infrain, and I think that's about it. Not the scope for configuration that there is with the 14M.

Dippy

Zippy,

Do as Ibenson suggests.

Also, look in the BASIC Manual and each command shows whether or not the command can be used with any particular PICAXE.
For most users this is all that is required.

For nitty-gritty electrical and register data then read the actual PIC number 16Fxxxx (printed on the actual IC) and get the appropriate Data Sheet from Microchip.com.

If you read all of the above you should most of the general information you need.

For any tips'n'tricks come back to the Forum.

slurp

I think it's easy to forget that the manual linked in our programming editors are not always as up to date as those attached to the link at the top of this forum page.

Manual 1 (above) does have a lot of detail, I've misplace the forum post that explained where to place down loaded PDF to update files that came with the programming editor... I'll check when I get home!

regards,
Colin

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
Installed manuals are often found in -

C:\Program Files\Programming Editor\Datasheets

That would be where to download later manuals to although you may want to also keep a separate folder elsewhere which contains the original BAS805.EXE and any downloaded manuals in case you need to uninstall and re-install the Programing Editor.

westaust55

I think it's easy to forget that the manual linked in our programming editors are not always as up to date as those attached to the link at the top of this forum page.

Manual 1 (above) does have a lot of detail, I've misplace the forum post that explained where to place down loaded PDF to update files that came with the programming editor... I'll check when I get home!

regards,
Colin
I raised the topic of PE datsheets and even those access by links at the top of the forum not being up to date in this thread:
http://www.picaxeforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=11207

In fact the manual links for manuals 1 and 2 are still of of date (eg Rev6.5b above but Rev 6.6 has been available since November from the Rev Ed website.

I recently downloaded several more datsheets that were missing within the PE datasheet directory or out of date.

The Rev Ed website PICAXE 20M datasheet sends you to the current Rev 6.6 Manual 1: http://www.rev-ed.co.uk/docs/picaxe_manual1.pdf

Last edited:

zipcodeman

thanks Dippy,
that was what i was looking for, and it would seem that the manuals i was referring to were out of date, so i updated them and they seem to have the 20m included.