18X .bas progs - to use in 28X1 chip..?

Craftybytes

Hi,

3 x questions:

1. Is the 'basic' (.bas) prog used in the Picaxe Datalogger (AXE110) availabe as a separate .bas file.?

2. Is the Datalogger "mission data download" (.bas) file also available as a separate .bas file.?

The reason is that I'm in the process of designing a small 'datalogger' that because of the number of extra i/o pins needed and the need for a larger memory points to me using the new 28X1 chip - so would like to port (and suitably modify) the existing .bas datalogger progs for the AXE110 unit to the 28X1..

3. In the existing AXE110 setup - how does the 'datalink' part of the "datalogger" (.bas) prog work.?

The reason I ask is that in the AXE110 - there is only the 'serial in' & 'serial out' lines used for the "datalink" - (NOTE: the 'datalink' is a separate set of i/o to that of the 'programming link') - no other 'handshake' signals are used - in my project I may need to use the 'CTS' handshake signal as a means of generating an "interrupt" to the 28X1 chip from the computer to 'upload' logged data for analysis..

Any comments or suggestions much appreciated..

TIA.

crafty.

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
The Datalogger Wizard generates a "Mission" which could be used on any suitable PICAXE and modified as required.

I'm not sure how the datalink works, but it should be possible to determine that from the program and there should be more information from a forum search as others have built their own dataloggers similar to the AXE110.

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
Just use PICAXE>Wizards>datalogger menu to generate the basic code. You can use it with minimal tweaking on a 28X1.

The datalink utility is a simply serial application - its sends a 'G' go signal to the PICAXE and then the PICAXE uploads the data from memory in a serial ASCII format suitable for saving as a CSV file, which can then be opened in spreadsheets like Excel.

The sample code from the Wizard includes comment so have a read through it.

Craftybytes

Thanks hippy & Technical..

This means that I'll still have to run the Picaxe Editor under windows to get the .bas progs generated. Pity my main os on my computer is Linux based..

The reason I asked is that as my main os is Linux based - I was hoping to be able to combine the 'datalogger' & 'mission' (.bas) progs together and modify the result to run suitably on the 28X1 chip - then I could use a linux BASIC prog on my computer to do the "reading" of the 'logged' data from my project board on request - using the CTS of the 'datalink' to initiate an "interrupt" on the 28X1.

This hopefully should be achievable.?

Much appreciated..

crafty.

Craftybytes

inglewoodpete -

Yep - am aware of these - but at the mo they only be CLI - the "editor" has not yet been ported to Linux - a pity..!!

I do have Win98se loaded to a separate hard drive on my machine - so switching to it to run the "Editor" for the short time that I need to do the program development for my small project is no great hassle - but am still keeping an eye on the 'Linux' thread..

Much appreciated..

crafty.