18M2 needed.

tonymillar

Hi. Is there anyone in Western Australia who has a spare 18M2? Had one destroyed by regulator failure & I didn't realise I don't have a spare. Altronics won't help & eastern states suppliers are shut down. I've ordered a couple from Rev Ed, but they won't get here for at least a couple of weeks & it's fairly urgent. TIA.
Tony

AllyCat

Hi,

Wiltronics appear to have them (SMD are actually cheaper) and should be open tomorrow (accepting internet orders now).

They shipped a parcel for me before Christmas to WA (Perth) which appeared to arrive quite quickly, but I had to email them for a shipping confirmation/tracking number.

Cheers, Alan.

tonymillar

Hi,

Wiltronics appear to have them (SMD are actually cheaper) and should be open tomorrow (accepting internet orders now).

They shipped a parcel for me before Christmas to WA (Perth) which appeared to arrive quite quickly, but I had to email them for a shipping confirmation/tracking number.

Cheers, Alan.
Thanks for that.

westaust55

Hi. Is there anyone in Western Australia who has a spare 18M2? Had one destroyed by regulator failure & I didn't realise I don't have a spare. Altronics won't help & eastern states suppliers are shut down. I've ordered a couple from Rev Ed, but they won't get here for at least a couple of weeks & it's fairly urgent. TIA.
Tony
Hello Tony,
I have two spare PICAXE 18M2's and a third marked 18M2+ (all in through hole DIP format).
I am located in Karrinyup approx 8km north of the Perth CBD.

Appears that you are also in Perth.
Let me know your contact and location details by Private Message. It may be faster to deliver or pickup than send by mail.

piclt

Hi tonymillar.....Are you sure it is "destroyed"...???
I connected the 5 volt power to an 18M2 for at least 5 minutes until I discovered it was wrongly connected (I had + and - supply wrong way) and "sizzling" hot, so hot I could not unplug it from the breadboard. When it cooled down I connected it correctly and it still works.
Did you try resetting the 18M2...... click program with no power on chip then a second later switch on power before programming times out, this resets "something" and can allow you to talk once again to a "dumb" chip.