$1 Color QVGA 2.3" 320x240

GDSever

I ran across these units while looking at the lastest postings over at SparkFun... I have zero idea how useful they would be with a Picaxe, but for $1 each I was still a little taken aback. That's a heck of a deal...

Comments from the more experienced folks?

They could be total garbage, but I figured I'd make you all aware of them...

I'm sure of two things...

1. Someone on this forum smarter than I (that is, just about everone else!) will be able to find a good use for these

2. They are not junk. Sparkfun is a great site and only sells quality items.

MBrej

It seems doable with a PICAXE, (i havnt spent that long looking at the datasheet - 200 pages), although it connects via parallel or SPI, and you write the RGB colour of each pixel (indirectly) to the GRAM registers, wheres theres 18bits per pixel, with 320 x 240 pixels = 170KB!

Anyway, the PICAXE would be too slow to do anything majorly animated, although you could load uncompressed images off a memory card / through serial from the computer (slowly), or you could get it display text, although the LCD display has no fonts from what ive read, so you would have to program the fonts into the PICAXE's EEPROM, which is what the LCD firmware from rev-ed does to an extent for the 16x2 display

Matt