08M used for 'Staff Communications' project at work

pichutch

Hi, Not posted here in a while, so thought I'd show you my one and only Picaxe project so far:

Last year the company I work for tasked all 12 employees with filling a picture frame with something that represented 'THEM'. The frame was about 20x20cm and pretty deep.

Most of my colleagues decided to make collages or mini diaramas, so I wanted to be different. Heres the results:

It's just an 08M on a dev board with the AXE033 LCD module and RTC. It's really simple and won't impress you guys, but people at work were astounded. they thought it was a bomb or something! I now have a bit of a reputation as a mad scientist... strange really, I guess it's because most of them view this kind of simple tinkering as black magic.

There's a very bad vid of the working 'box' here: http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=168913305709

Here's a blog post with all the frames that we made: http://blog.satellitecreative.info/?p=241

chigley

I like the little logo on the left of the screen, is that just made up with special characters on the LCD?

pichutch

The logo was made by addressing the indivdual 'pixels'. At first I was doing it following some advice on here which was great, but making it hard for myself. Then someone mentioned that the was a 'wizard' to do it in the Picaxe programing software. This allows you to literally 'draw' the shape, then copy paste the code to your program.

I can post an example if you need, but the code is at home so it'll have to wait a while.

chigley

The logo was made by addressing the indivdual 'pixels'. At first I was doing it following some advice on here which was great, but making it hard for myself. Then someone mentioned that the was a 'wizard' to do it in the Picaxe programing software. This allows you to literally 'draw' the shape, then copy paste the code to your program.

I can post an example if you need, but the code is at home so it'll have to wait a while.
Yeah I wouldn't mind a look if it isn't too much hassle. I'm on a Mac and therefore use MacAXEpad rather than the more solid Windows Programming Editor, so the LCD wizard you describe isn't available to me. Would be interesting to see the code it produces though :)

pichutch

Can't find it anywhere! sorry. It must be on something, probably a USB stick or something. If I find it soon I'll post it, so if you're subscribed you'll see it. I dont think there was any special specialness involved in the scrolling? I think tteres just a 'scroll' command and direction.