Poorman's LCD/simulator program

MBrej

I made this program a little while ago, but recently put the serial port interface on it. What it is, is a PC based PICAXE LCD screen, that the user can enter commands on the screen on connect to a PICAXE in the normal way, and will accept all the commands used by a normal LCD screen.

The easiest way to use it with a PICAXE is by using the SERTXD command on the PICAXE, and make sure to set the baud rate on the program to 4800 in the options menu (it is by default)

In addition to the normal 254,192,"Hello" command, the following standard commands are also acceptable:
1 Clear Screen
4 Right To Left
6 Left To Right
12 Disable Cursor
13 Enable Cursor
16 Move Cursor Back
20 Move Cursor Forward

as well as custom characters

There box on the program to enter a command to test and see what it will to. An example of an accepted line is: 254,192,"Hello",#b1 The program will ask for the value of b1, and display the result on the screen.

DOWNLOAD

Let me know how well it works, and if any commands you try dont work proberly

Ive also attached some screenshots

Matt

Attachments

manuka

Bravo-this looks very nifty indeed, although I keep thinking I've seen similar in use? Maybe I'm confusing with the "Scott Edwards" version => www.easysw.com/~mike/flcdsim/index.html & approaches such as attached below. Your version looks very clean in comparison.

But it's late & no time now to download & try! Stan

Attachments

Last edited:

MBrej

I hadnt actaully looked for other attempts, although, looking at the Scott Edwards version it wont run on windows, which is a major problem for most users when programming editor only works under windows. The program which has been attached seems to run under vista at least, although its not a simulation of the PICAXE LCD screen and i dunno whether it will respond to the same commands as the PICAXE one, or even be able to recieve commands via serial.

Matt