Newbie to LCD Programming

BenjaD

I am a student interested in graphic LCDs and programming.

I would like to use a Nokia Colour LCD breaklout board (SKU#: LCD-08600) available form SparkFun. But i only have experience, and the materials to use PICAXE chips and programming.

As there are no existing programmes available (that i can see) has anyone or could any impliment this LCD with any sort of PICAXE (18X or 28X hopefully).

Also, is it applicable to use the BlueSMiRF Gold to send serial data to it from a computer or other PICAXE chip?

Any help welcomed, thanks :)

Ben D

moxhamj

Doing this on an 18X for example will use a lot of code. Looking at Mycroft2152's link, the InitLCD subroutine uses quite an overhead just to set things up. An 18X could probably display a smiley face, but it may run out of code space running pac-man or space invaders. What sort of graphics are you planning to display and how complex is the program?

moxhamj

Good point! Of course, if anyone does get this working it would definitely be worthy of the "completed projects" section.

BenjaD

That was just a slight modification of code sent by another user. I just changed it slightly. I was just posting this forum aswell so that i could find anyone on here with experience.

I am a newbie, therefore that type of programming is slightly out of my league.

Benja.